Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

ImpAtom posted:

Oh neat. It's dumb I know but I'm glad they're actually sticking to the comic.

Does seem to undercut that story pretty hard tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Maybe she brings alternate Oliver and the baby to visit his aunts and uncles.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Here's a history of Marvel vs. Capcom thing I wrote.

Basically a reminder that Birdy existed and Capcom thought enough of her to immortalize her in sprite form.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Aphrodite posted:

Maybe she brings alternate Oliver and the baby to visit his aunts and uncles.

That would also allow them to have Green Arrow in the game...

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Does seem to undercut that story pretty hard tho.

Mmmm, depends. She had several years of peace away from Crazy-rear end Superman, maybe she just decided to pitch in for this new situation.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 is on sale on the PS4 store.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Mmmm, depends. She had several years of peace away from Crazy-rear end Superman, maybe she just decided to pitch in for this new situation.

I don't recall the splits in the first game, but I think that it was basically the Universe A people who did all the work. So after everyone goes home, Injustice Batman's a little shorthanded.

If Brainiac/Supergirl/Atrocitus/whover all show up he might get desperate for manpower.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

I don't recall the splits in the first game, but I think that it was basically the Universe A people who did all the work. So after everyone goes home, Injustice Batman's a little shorthanded.

It really made the heroes of the Injustice-verse look super incompetent that the Regular-Verse guys could clean up their mess so easily.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

It really made the heroes of the Injustice-verse look super incompetent that the Regular-Verse guys could clean up their mess so easily.

The Universe A guys had a complete united Justice League. The Universe B guys didn't. It's (relatively) easy to beat Superman, Yellow Lantern Cyborg and Wonder Woman when you have Batman, Batman 2, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Shazam, and Cyborg all on your team.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Gavok posted:

Basically a reminder that Birdy existed and Capcom thought enough of her to immortalize her in sprite form.

Very good write-up! Fighting games were always something I wanted to be good at, especially once all the Marvel stuff came out, but something about the mechanics has never clicked with me. To this day I still cannot reliably pull off a Dragon Punch.

But I did absorb a lot of Capcom's Marvel stuff from when we would play MvsC at my friend's house on his Dreamcast, and from watching my friend play all the various games in the arcades over the years. It didn't feel like a real visit to the arcade if I didn't hear "berserkerbarrageberserkerbarrageberserkerbarrage" at least a few times.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Gavok posted:

I still have a PS1 copy of Marvel Superheroes vs Street Fighter. It's scratched beyond oblivion, only occasionally works, and all the music is muted, but it's still a really fun game.

Except Cyber Akuma. Cyber Akuma is bullshit.

Knives Amilli
Sep 26, 2014

Gavok posted:

Things like Birdys cameo in the MvC games is why i absolutely love that series.

The amount of research and attention to nail the little detail of these characters must be staggering

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I wish the old X-men arcade game and fighting games were available somewhere. I really want to spam OPTIC BLAST again.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

twistedmentat posted:

I wish the old X-men arcade game and fighting games were available somewhere. I really want to spam OPTIC BLAST again.

I bought it on the old Xbox 360 arcade.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

pubic works project posted:

I bought it on the old Xbox 360 arcade.

I had MvsC2 through that, but I never saw those. poo poo.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The only bad thing I can think of regarding the SquareEnix/Marvel is that it means I have to wait longer for my Dynasty Warriors style Avengers vs Skrulls game.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Swamp Thing is the newest revealed playable character for Injustice 2.

http://comicbook.com/2017/02/13/vid...tm_content=Link

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Much like Martian Manhunter, that's not nearly enough weird shapeshifting.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm amazed they didn't find a way to horrifically gently caress up his design.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Roth posted:

I'm amazed they didn't find a way to horrifically gently caress up his design.

Yeah, I would've expected something like this:

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The only bad thing I can think of regarding the SquareEnix/Marvel is that it means I have to wait longer for my Dynasty Warriors style Avengers vs Skrulls game.

I didn't know how badly I wanted this until now.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah, I would've expected something like this:

Look at this guy leaking alternate skins.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Another trailer out today confirms Cheetah, and Catwoman who I think was in an earlier trailer briefly?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DExgqV3tj0

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Much like Martian Manhunter, that's not nearly enough weird shapeshifting.

I was thinking the same thing! Don't bring in Swamp Thing and just have him punch everything. :(

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Ah, four physically identical women in different clothes/bodypaint. Character design at its finest.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You must have clicked the comic book forum by accident.

The only comic book hero who doesn't have the same body as everyone else is Squirrel Girl, because she's chubby.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

What is the joke in the thread title?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

...and the pitch! posted:

What is the joke in the thread title?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBZrrdCEMwM + Batman and Superman.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Good God, that Cheetah design is the worst one yet.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Thanks!

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

I almost thought it was a Call of Duty reference. I forgot about Heavy Rain.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Roth posted:

Good God, that Cheetah design is the worst one yet.

Yeah, I almost said something about that in the Games thread. She's technically wearing more than she does in her "classic" look, where she's just covered in fur, but they gave her a Shanna the She-Devil bikini and it somehow looks even more salacious. It's downright goofy.

I'm hoping for a Poison Ivy skin that's just the Batman:TAS look, too.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Scarecrow apparently leaked for Injustice 2? Do they have enough Batman characters?

Also Green Lantern and Cyborg, but that's not all that surprising.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Roth posted:

Scarecrow apparently leaked for Injustice 2? Do they have enough Batman characters?

Honestly Injustice 1 felt like it wanted to be a Batman fighting game that was grudgingly including all these DC universe characters but muting down their colour palettes and personalities to the grim and gritty Arkham City tone, so more Batman characters makes sense. Like, the designs that felt most at home with the palettes of the stages and the look of the game in general were Joker, Harley, Catwoman and the Batfamily.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I want more characters like Swamp Thing or Grodd, so if they add anymore Batman characters it needs to be Clayface.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Roth posted:

A bunch of still unannounced characters have been hinted in previous trailers. Scarecrow was one of them.

Captain Cold is another I remember. And Dr. Fate.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
You know, people justly complain about Mortal Kombat vs DC, but the "heroic brutality" where Green Lantern puts someone inside a bubble and then instantly compresses it is pretty :stonk: and :black101:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Ooooooo Doctor Fate!

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

pubic works project posted:

Ooooooo Doctor MISTER Fate!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Excuse me sir, but Nabu holds a doctorate in magical rear end-whuppins thankyouverymuch!