Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
It's a mobile game but not Marvel, so I guess it goes in this thread. Is DC Legends any good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's not bad. It only takes like 15 minutes to do everything for the day, so I still play it.

Did you play Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes? It's the same kind of game.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Schneider Heim posted:

It's a mobile game but not Marvel, so I guess it goes in this thread. Is DC Legends any good?

PVP is even more bullshit than in the old Avengers Alliance. You'll be given a whole bunch of people to choose from, but maybe one or two are beatable, most will have significantly more powerful teams than you will. Other than that it's got a good selection of characters to work towards, and yea, its basically just Galaxy of Heroes in terms of game play.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

WickedHate posted:

You know, people justly complain about Mortal Kombat vs DC, but the "heroic brutality" where Green Lantern puts someone inside a bubble and then instantly compresses it is pretty :stonk: and :black101:

The Captain Marvel one where he picks up the opponent and plants them face-first into the ground up to their waist is pretty :stare: too, apparently DC's limit on the brutalities was "arguable in a court of law that the person is still moving because they're alive and not because their broken CNS is still twitching their shattered limbs".

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

McSpanky posted:

The Captain Marvel one where he picks up the opponent and plants them face-first into the ground up to their waist is pretty :stare: too, apparently DC's limit on the brutalities was "arguable in a court of law that the person is still moving because they're alive and not because their broken CNS is still twitching their shattered limbs".
That's Batman's entire MO, esp. during the Arkham games. "Every bone broken, every nut punched, and will probably be in a coma for life--but he's still breathing, so it's cool."

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

it's fine, they're all on super pills.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Found my main for Injustice 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7UbqkDk1xo

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Dr. Ermac.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Yup! Totally gonna be using Dr. Fate all the time.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
That supermove at the end was kind of underwhelming :/

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

redbackground posted:

That supermove at the end was kind of underwhelming :/

Welcome to Injustice.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Injustice in general depends very heavily on transporting your opponent to the Punch Dimension. It is a problem.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I still think Doomsday's super is the dumbest move in the first game and would've been way more visceral and scary if he just punched someone into a crater and we maybe got a zoom out of skyscraper windows shattering (because of reference).

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
And then there were the stage transitions, which were straight-up Looney Toons.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Dr Christmas posted:

And then there were the stage transitions, which were straight-up Looney Toons.

Those were flawless and great.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I would probably play Injustice 2 if the Animaniacs were playable.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Lurdiak posted:

Those were flawless and great.

That kind of poo poo is exactly the kind of thing that should be in a fighting game.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I would probably play Injustice 2 if the Animaniacs were playable.

Slappy Squirrel or GTFO.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Telltale releases the first images from their Guardians of the Galaxy series.

These visuals are a definite improvement for Telltale fare. Now I just need to know if the Tales from the Borderlands writers are on it so I know whether to give them all my money day 1.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Troy Baker better be playing Yondu.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Xavier Woods and the New Day bring Firestorm to Injustice.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

OMG YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Telltale Guardians of the Galaxy trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFzC1aGVToQ

Edit - Also Scarecrow and Captain Cold are in Injustice 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfKEtYNmxpU

Roth fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Mar 30, 2017

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Scarecrow is almost enough tu get me to play, despite knowing I suck at fighters and we'll get bored within a week

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Telltale please just tell me if the Tales from the Borderlands writers are on this it's ALL I NEED TO KNOW.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Bane looks even worse than before. I hope his Knightfall skin is in this one too.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Yeah, Bane looks like an MK ninja in this.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I'm going to be disappointed if the standard skin for Captain Cold doesn't come with a voice that's at least as much of an audible smirk as Wentworth Miller's. That dude delivers every line as Snart like he's explaining to a woman why he's tying her to train tracks.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Wentworth Miller has ruined Captain Cold for me because no one else will ever be as loving incredible as him in that role in any medium ever again.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Roth posted:

Yeah, Bane looks like an MK ninja in this.

I thought he looked like Cyrax or Sektor, though someone else tossed out a Fulgore comparison.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Vince MechMahon posted:

Wentworth Miller has ruined Captain Cold for me because no one else will ever be as loving incredible as him in that role in any medium ever again.

True. He's like pure essence of comic book villain in a way most actors uniformly fail to translate to the screen.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Dr Fate has convinced me to at least give Injustice 2 a shot.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Android Blues posted:

True. He's like pure essence of comic book villain in a way most actors uniformly fail to translate to the screen.

He should also play Solid Snake in the Metal Gear movie cause he's got the vocal cadence for it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Wanderer posted:

I'm going to be disappointed if the standard skin for Captain Cold doesn't come with a voice that's at least as much of an audible smirk as Wentworth Miller's. That dude delivers every line as Snart like he's explaining to a woman why he's tying her to train tracks.

They might do a TV costume and if so they'd probably get Wentworth Miller for it. They've been pretty steady about using the TV actors to do their characters when they appear in games.

In other news, during a livestream the other day a Marvel executive on the game side claimed that the PS4 Spider-Man game is going to come out this year. I'm still doubtful seeing as the only thing they've shown for it was a short E3 trailer from last year.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

They might do a TV costume and if so they'd probably get Wentworth Miller for it. They've been pretty steady about using the TV actors to do their characters when they appear in games.

In other news, during a livestream the other day a Marvel executive on the game side claimed that the PS4 Spider-Man game is going to come out this year. I'm still doubtful seeing as the only thing they've shown for it was a short E3 trailer from last year.

It's probably going to be one of their big e3 showcases.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Insomniac has since confirmed that there is no release window set yet.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

I really wish it'd come out for the XBone as well.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

pubic works project posted:

I'm sure that the Sony-published game will come out for the rival system.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I like the nightmare-scenario a friend of mine proposed where each of the Marvel games is exclusive to different consoles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

pubic works project posted:

Same. Oh well.

Roth posted:

I like the nightmare-scenario a friend of mine proposed where each of the Marvel games is exclusive to different consoles.

That is a nightmare scenario.