Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm sure that the Sony-published game will come out for the rival system.

I mean I totally get it. Sony owns both Playstation and Spidey. It's just wishful thinking since I wanted to play it. But oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sony doesn't actually have any video game rights to Spider-Man from their movie contract.

This is a separate deal.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I am actually quite excited for that Spider-Man game. It's been a while since I've had one and it's always really fun to webswing.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It's supposed to be first of a shared MVGU, so i'm excited for this to feature other heroes in supporting roles.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

twistedmentat posted:

It's supposed to be first of a shared MVGU, so i'm excited for this to feature other heroes in supporting roles.

Well if that's the case that's not fair! I wanna play in the MVGU!!!!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Marvel Heroes is finally getting a console version with the announcement of Marvel Heroes Omega. No word yet on whether it will be straight port or a new game in the same style. They did confirm that it will be free to play. Also only mentioning PS4 right now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's an FAQ on their forums actually.

It's a port, but missing some of the content (nothing major, the stuff they took out isn't played very much.)

Coming to Xbox later.

No connection to PC servers or accounts.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Aphrodite posted:

There's an FAQ on their forums actually.

It's a port, but missing some of the content (nothing major, the stuff they took out isn't played very much.)

Coming to Xbox later.

No connection to PC servers or accounts.

Speaking as a man who's stupid enough to have spent hundreds of dollars to be a yellow god in that game, I'll pass on this version unless they link the PC version to it. The grind to unlock everyone without paying is ungodly long and not worth the trip again.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yup, it's nice for console gamers, and world of tanks has done really well on console, but I will be giving it a pass as, why? I have hardly played in months, which I regret but I'm not going to put time into starting over again.

pubic works project posted:

Well if that's the case that's not fair! I wanna play in the MVGU!!!!

Iron Man game where you have access to different suits that suit different kinds of gameplay, and of course all available through micropayments.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Captain Cold trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdf763i82qc

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

there was an injustice 2 stream today and flash's super move is amazing https://clips.twitch.tv/HonestVivaciousStrawberryTakeNRG

also it gave us our first look at the Reverse Flash premium skin that comes with the ultimate edition https://clips.twitch.tv/TolerantCrackyHawkNononoCat

this game is shaping up to look pretty great

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It also appears that Grodd is one of the main villains as he is the leader of the society.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

It's kind of baffling how little info has been released about MVC infinite. I remember MVC 3 had characters trailers like once a month after the official announcement.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Monaghan posted:

It's kind of baffling how little info has been released about MVC infinite. I remember MVC 3 had characters trailers like once a month after the official announcement.

Street Fighter V has been demanding a lot of Capcom's attention recently due to, to make a long story short, being a dumpster fire. It's probably safe to say at this point that MVC:I will come out strong at E3.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Wanderer posted:

Street Fighter V has been demanding a lot of Capcom's attention recently due to, to make a long story short, being a dumpster fire. It's probably safe to say at this point that MVC:I will come out strong at E3.

At this point all they have to do is promise it will be a full, finished game at launch and it'll have a leg up on SFV.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Vince MechMahon posted:

At this point all they have to do is promise it will be a full, finished game at launch and it'll have a leg up on SFV.

I would love them to have a proper story mode, since it'd be so much fun to have marvel characters and capcom characters interacting. It was a real missed opportunity of mvc3.

All we got were 30 second endings. :(

... also netcode that wasn't total rear end and didn't take 5 minutes to find a match would be good.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This seems OP..

http://i.imgur.com/TD21xuj.gifv

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That T-rex is so offended.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Haha! I love it!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Lurdiak posted:

That T-rex is so offended.

He's totally going "hey, what the gently caress dude?"

Injustice 2 looks really amazing, but i swore to myself I'll never buy a fighting game on release at full price, I'll always wait for the ultimate edition that has all the DLC, but drat it is hard to resist from what they've shown.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpuP-SKm10M

Scarecrow

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

The best part of Scarecrow is his voice actor is Robert Englund.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Diabetic posted:

The best part of Scarecrow is his voice actor is Robert Englund.

Am now totally on board for fear gas monster scarecrow

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I found out that apparently most people really like the absolutely terrible version of Joker in the Telltale Batman game. I guess... everyone's stupid?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Lurdiak posted:

I found out that apparently most people really like the absolutely terrible version of Joker in the Telltale Batman game. I guess... everyone's stupid?

...Where did you find that out?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Samovar posted:

...Where did you find that out?

Youtube comments with tons of upvotes.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Lurdiak posted:

What was bad about him?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

Youtube comments with tons of upvotes.

Oh you should have specified "idiots" and not "people"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
In the Catwoman trailer, Harley says "Me, you, Kate and Babs" and I can only assume she means Kate Kane meaning Batwoman is going to be a character in Injustice 2?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

In the Catwoman trailer, Harley says "Me, you, Kate and Babs" and I can only assume she means Kate Kane meaning Batwoman is going to be a character in Injustice 2?

She's listed as a premium skin for Batman on the roster leak, which has thus far been spot on.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

She's listed as a premium skin for Batman on the roster leak, which has thus far been spot on.

They're really trying hard to make me want to buy this game on release. Like is Power Girl an alt skin for Supergirl?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yes.

In Canada, the $100 digital only version comes with Powergirl, 3 DLC fighters (unnamed) and a shader. The $130 version comes with that, plus 6 extra DLC fighters, one more shader, and Reverse Flash and John Stewart premium skins.

They'll be available a la carte later I'm sure.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Ed Boon keeps saying the Batwoman skin isn't real, which just makes me think it's definitely real, because it's Ed Boon.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There were 2 leaks, from what I can tell.

One was most of the main roster and has been 100% correct so far. The only remaining name on it is the Joker.

The other was just premium skins, like the CW characters voiced by their actors and some other stuff. Batwoman was on the second list. This one could still be fake, since nothing on it has been confirmed yet.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Apr 18, 2017

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The last announcement being The Joker is the single most flaccid and boring announcement that could happen other than Red Hood.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I don't know why this didn't occur to me before, but since Luthor's super-pills are the explanation for everything in Injustice, that means that Harley's given them to her hyenas, and Selina's given one to that alley cat she can summon. This is a game where theoretically, you could KO Superman by siccing a house cat on him.

Roth posted:

The last announcement being The Joker is the single most flaccid and boring announcement that could happen other than Red Hood.

It'd be sort of traditional for NRS. The last announcement for MKX was... Liu Kang.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

One of the rumoured premium skins I heard was Mr. Freeze as a skin for Captain Cold. If so that would entirely make sense and be pretty awesome.

And while it hasn't been announced I could also see them getting a lot of the CW cast to do skins for characters like how they did with Stephen Amel as Arrow in Injustice 1.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Freeze is not officially confirmed, but his skin is briefly visible in a menu in a released video.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Freeze and Power Girl were on the same initial leak list that's been 100% correct so far, and both are basically confirmed by now as premier skins. Power Girl's in the fancy special editions but Freeze seems to be just a special gear drop in the normal game.

The other list hasn't had anything confirmed that wasn't on the original one though so Starfire and Red Hood (with Blackfire and Arkham Knight skins, respectively) would be the big things that could confirm that other list. They might be DLC or something but we've been told they'll announce some of the DLC characters before the game launches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
First episode of the Telltale Guardians is out. It suffers a little from the obvious issues a lot of their non-Borderlands licenses suffer from, namely that you know that some things are off-limits because they ain't killing Starlord in the first episode, but the focus is mostly on Quill and how he relates to family, both the found one in the form of the Guardians and his 'real' one, in the case of his mom and Yondu. It's clearly heavily influenced by the movie, but zigs at one point to the degree that it can't be intended to be set in the MCU. Yondu picks Peter up from his mother's funeral, and asks him to go with him, instead of kidnapping him just as Meredith dies

Otherwise, you know the drill. If you hate the formula, no reinventing the wheel here, and conversely, if the magic trick still entertains you, it's still there too.

Dialogue is mostly snappy, and Nolan North does a solid job imitating Cooper, and the dude playing Starlord does a solid Pratt. The others aren't really trying to mimic the movie actors, I don't think. (Well, Yondu still has the Michael Rooker accent/timbre, but it's obviously not Rooker)