Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
there i said it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Respectfully disagree, op

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I have friend who loves everything Kevin Smith has done. I will let him know about Express Brosephine's opinion, it will make him happy.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I kinda liked Yoga Hosers. That movie is incredibly stupid but it's not boring which makes it a billion times better than that stupid Walrus movie.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Kevin Smith's best movie was Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, and I stand by it.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I liked Dogma as a kid and tbh I didn't think Cop Out was that bad. It was insanely stupid but if you went into a Kevin Smith movie called Cop Out starring late-career Bruce Willis and Tracy Morgan and didn't expect something insanely stupid then I think the joke is on you.

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

Mister Macys posted:

I AM THE CLIT COMMANDER

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
SNOOTCHIE BOOCHIES

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

The casting in that movie for the Scooby Doo gang was ironically better than the actual live action movies. :haw:

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GonSmithe posted:

Respectfully disagree, op

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

He made some funny stuff a long time ago but he's still just a fat nerd with too much money who laughs at dumb poo poo then puts it on video.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

The most successful movie he was ever in was Die Hard 4.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

kevin smith is the lena dunham of the early 90s

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

I realized how far gay equality had come in the last two decades when I re-watched "Chasing Amy" recently and cringed in embarrassment for everyone involved.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Drink-Mix Man posted:

I realized how far gay equality had come in the last two decades when I re-watched "Chasing Amy" recently and cringed in embarrassment for everyone involved.

It's like a 12 year old who heard about how sexuality works from his older brother got enough money to make a Hollywood movie.

Dogma is pretty good. It's the only one I'd go out of my way to see again. Watched it recently when Alan Rickman died.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

What's a Nubian? :confused:

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Mallrats is his only good movie imo.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I like it a lot, but I've never been able to wrap my head around taping (live or otherwise) a show in a mall during normal hours.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Clerks owns

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
The best news I heard all year was that Kevin Smith was no longer involved in the Buckaroo Banzai tv show/remake

Also that that is probably a dead project.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Clerks the animated series is legit great

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I liked his talks when I was a teenager. Also Clerks was pretty unique.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

achillesforever6 posted:

Clerks the animated series is legit great

Best six episodes anyone has ever made.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Rewatched Clerks not long ago. Guess he couldn't afford fancy sound editing back then because whenever people are shouting it's like nails on chalkboard.
Other than that, it's held up really well.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

nah op

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

I remember thinking Clerks II was underrated

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
kevin smith doesnt seem to be aware of the quality of his work and kind of acts like a schlub most of the time and whenever you call on him he will start gushing like a fanboy.

oh we need someone to say 400 words about star wars 'hey kevin smith we love your work heres VIP access' and he'll suck your fuckin dick

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Someone post the tweet

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Please watch Yoga Hosers and then say his movies aren't that bad

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

I tried watching that TV show on AMC that's half pawn stars for nerds, half Kevin Smith rambling about comic books, and it was really stupid and boring.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Ive been living a tremendeously peaceful and happy life only having watched Clerks and none of the other Clerks related media.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

net cafe scandal posted:

Ive been living a tremendeously peaceful and happy life only having watched Clerks and none of the other Clerks related media.

The animated series is a masterpiece

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

Clerks and Mallrats are Kevin Smith's Billy Madison/Happy Gilmore.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I watched Clerks for the first time last year and found it really tedious, even though I definitely understand why people went for it in 1994.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

clerks 2 is pretty awful

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R4BnWy729k

I do like the slam on the Lord of the Rings films though.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

egon_beeblebrox posted:

The animated series is a masterpiece

And mostly the work of Veep's current showrunner, but yeah it was ahead of its time.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

Mister Macys posted:

He should stick to what he's good at: Stoner comedies with fart jokes and politically correct but generally harmless mockery. Holy gently caress that movie now has the real actual Batman in it.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

FishBulb posted:

Someone post the tweet

p sure he deleted it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the only decent movie Kevin Smith ever did was Dogma, and i haven't watched it in years. if i watched it again i'd probably change my mind

Popelmon posted:

Yoga Hosers
i refuse to watch that movie based on its stupid name. he's such a wannabe canadian that he switched hockey team loyalties. come back to the Devils, Kevin! we've got Taylor Hall!

trapped mouse posted:

p sure he deleted it
well gently caress him. that was the goatse of tweets: horrifying to look at at first, but the more you saw it, the more beautiful it would look

• Locked thread