Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Thomas Frank is speaking to the progressive caucus right now and he is a god drat genius

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Kimberly Ellis lost, throw every Democrat into the dumpster

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

They made Ebaum state chair? Jesus.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
1493 to 1431. He only won because the delegate spread is 33% elected 33% appointed by party officials 33% appointed by elected/nominates and he still barely won. It was also blatantly clear on the floor who had the support, it was literally just the establishment choosing.

Edit: and the spread was elected delegates overwhelming went for Kimberly, obviously

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
AZ Democrats unanimously endorsed the Medicare for all bill.

It's kind of wild that for as lovely as my state is, our party is pretty good.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

AZ Democrats unanimously endorsed the Medicare for all bill.

It's kind of wild that for as lovely as my state is, our party is pretty good.

Good start. Make sure they put teeth behind that endorsement!

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Lemming posted:

1493 to 1431. He only won because the delegate spread is 33% elected 33% appointed by party officials 33% appointed by elected/nominates and he still barely won. It was also blatantly clear on the floor who had the support, it was literally just the establishment choosing.

Edit: and the spread was elected delegates overwhelming went for Kimberly, obviously

No but I mean, is he the actual Ebaum? Of ebaumsworld.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
edit: wait, I don't actually know

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Doesn't look like it/

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Grand Prize Winner posted:

no, they just have exactly the same name.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

Good start. Make sure they put teeth behind that endorsement!

Ahahahaha!

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Lemming posted:

Kimberly Ellis lost, throw every Democrat into the dumpster

At least you guys get to vote, its purely a party process here. Also official elected members are outnumbered by permanent members and other non democratic assholrs 3 or 4 to 1 lol

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

GlyphGryph posted:

At least you guys get to vote, its purely a party process here. Also official elected members are outnumbered by permanent members and other non democratic assholrs 3 or 4 to 1 lol

Wow, The left in Mass might as well just form their own party.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Crowsbeak posted:

Wow, The left in Mass might as well just form their own party.

I doesn't matter because our actual politicians completely ignore the "party" anyway. Our Speaker of the House will only really work with the Republicans despite having a D by his name.

MA is a lot less blue than you're think, it's just that most of our Republicans call themselves Democrats.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

GlyphGryph posted:

I doesn't matter because our actual politicians completely ignore the "party" anyway. Our Speaker of the House will only really work with the Republicans despite having a D by his name.

MA is a lot less blue than you're think, it's just that most of our Republicans call themselves Democrats.

Well, I just look at the success of WFP. Maybe MASS needs one. WFP alwaysseems to push the Dems to the left where it exists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

AbDomen posted:

Sadly part of my willingness is due to the recent election result. I probably wouldn't care much about politics otherwise.

I'm in Albany County, Wyoming. Somewhat purple county in an obscure, deep red state, but I'm hoping to still get involved around here and maybe at least have a slight impact on the local politics.

Agean90 posted:

Hey neighbor, Im in Laramie County.

From what Ive seen on the website the party here is pretty firmly in "BERNIE WAS RIGHT" territory, so this should be fun.

And I'm reporting from Fremont County.

Martin O'Malley is going to be in Thermopolis on Saturday, July 15. Who wants to crash the party? http://www.wyodems.org/form/-7095290870168680448

• Locked thread