Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Do you believe the Democratic Party lost this election, big time?
Do you think they kind of suck in lots of ways?
Do you want them to do better?

Congrats! it is now your job to make that happen.

Don't worry, though - you aren't alone! Lots of us are trying to do exactly the same thing, and we're here to help.

Make sure to join the Discord channel, that's where most of the discussion is happening nowadays.

So how do I get involved?
Your first step will be joining a local party organization. That can be pretty hard, depending on where you are! Ask us for help if you need it.
If you can't find any hard details, send me a PM and I'll try to hook you up. Or if you dont have PMs, email me at glyphgryph@gmail.com with a subject line that starts with CSPAM. I've contacted a decent number of party reps the last few weeks, and I am confident at this point that if you can give me an address I can find you an in.
I was gonna post like a whole bunch of info here, but honestly it seems like direct contact with local members is the absolute best way to get the ball rolling.
If you're in a deep red area, you might actually have to start you own local group - we can help with that too! Hopefully.
You can also get involved with activist affiliate orgs like the DSA or whatever your local popular movements are.

What should I post here?
Chilling and telling jokes and socializing with other people that are also trying to get involved.
Ask about how to get involved, either in the party itself or in advocacy groups that help Democrats be less poo poo and get elected and do meaningful stuff.
Tell people about upcoming meetings and events and opportunities.
Post stories of meetings you've attended and other stuff you've done.
Share your ambitious projects.
Work on organizing.

What should I not post here?
Anything, if you're not involved, planning on getting involved, or trying to help people get involved.
No extended arguments please. Democratic threads tend to devolve, let's try to avoid that! If you disagree with someone, that's fine, but try to remember the point is to convince people they want to be involved, not to drive them out, so stay specific and don't draw it out.

Mods: Feel free to probate me if I fight with anyone in this thread, because I am incorrigible fuckwit sometimes

If you would like to volunteer to handle connecting people with the party in your region, please let me know!
The following people are handling requests to their associated region. If you want quicker regional responses, consider PMing them instead of me since I'll just be passing your request along to them anyway.
ARIZONA - Dr. Arbitrary
MICHIGAN - mrfreeze
TEXAS - Syndlig
Everywhere Else - GlyphGryph

Collaboration is encouraged. Here is our current DPP member list by region:
ARIZONA
Dr. Arbitrary
ZeeToo

CALIFORNIA
ChickenOfTomorrow (North Bay (Sonoma, Marin, Napa))
Lemming (Alameda County)
Vox Nihili (Almeda County)
ALL-PRO SEXMAN (San Diego)
Instant Sunrise (Orange County)

COLORADO
Ace of Baes

DELAWARE
Arkhams Razor

GEORGIA
Serf (Candler County)
Ferdinand the Bull (Fulton county)
Sojenus (Dekalb county)

ILLINOIS
Oracle

KENTUCKY
pathetic little tramp (Jefferson County Louisville)
Tewdrig (Jefferson County Louisville)
Zberan Madowinty
Former Everything

MASSACHUSSETS
GlyphGryph

MICHIGAN
mrfreeze (District 13)

NEW HAMPSHIRE
OhFunny

NEW YORK
Mukaikubo (Western NY)
KimotaBoom (Onondaga County)

SOUTH CAROLINA
zeal

TENNESSEE
Gene Hackman Fan (Claiborne)

TEXAS
Syndlig
mastajake (Dallas)

WASHINGTON
HorseRenoir (Seattle)
Wraith of J.O.I. (Seattle, Ballard)

WYOMING
AbDomen (Albany County)
Agean90 (Laramie County)

GlyphGryph has issued a correction as of 22:09 on Feb 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

Reposting from the Democrats! thread to here, a product of my sleep deprived 3AM stupor this morning.

Syndlig posted:

TIme for a 3:00 AM yelling into the infinite void of a terrible thread in C-SPAM! Since I'm located in the Austin area, I'm again only focusing on Travis and WIlliamson Counties.

ATTENTION CENTRAL TEXAS GOONS - here's your weekly "go do some poo poo instead of whining on an internet forum" post

:siren:TRAVIS COUNTY GOONS:siren: These are the groups meeting for the upcoming week:
Tue, Dec 6 @ 5:30PM Capital Area Progressive Democrats are meeting at the AFL-CIO office at 1106 Lavaca St #200, Austin TX
Wed, Dec 7 @ 6:00PM Travis County Democratic Party is having their County Executive Committee at 1500 E 4th Street, Austin TX - If you have any interest in becoming part of the party, go to this meeting! This meeting is when appointees to empty precinct chairs will be made and sworn in.
Wed, Dec 7 @ 6:45PM West Austin Democrats are meeting at Howson Branch Library on 2500 Exposition Blvd, Austin TX
Thu, Dec 8 @ 6:00PM Black Austin Democrats are meeting at Precinct 1 Constable Building, 4717 Heflin Lane, Austin TX
Sat, Dec 10 @ 11:00 AM Northeast Travis County Democrats are meeting at Tres Amigos Restaurant & Cantina, 7535 US 290 Frontage Rd, Austin TX

:siren:WILLIAMSON COUNTY GOONS:siren: These are the meetings for the upcoming two weeks (doing 2 weeks because there's only a few parties in WilCo)
Wed, Dec 7 @ 6:30PM Western Wilco Democrats are meeting at Los Reyes Mexican Restaurant, 13776 US Hwy 183 N, Austin TX
Thu, Dec 8 @ 6:45PM Williamson County Democratic Party are meeting at the Allen R Baca Center, 301 Bagdad, Building 2, Round Rock TX. If you have an interest in having your voice heard, or seeing what the party's plans are going forward, be at this meeting!
Thu, Dec 15 @ 6:30PM WCDP is having a holiday party at Georgetown Community Center, 445 E Morrow St, Georgetown TX. This is... less important, really, but if you wanna get drunk and talk to people its' a good a place as any. You can buy a ticket here for $25.

:siren:THIS poo poo APPLIES TO EITHER COUNTY:siren:
In both Williamson and Travis Counties, there are runoff elections for democratic candidates. If you have nothing better to do (and let's face it, you have nothing better to do), early voting is going on right now and the candidates could use your vote. This is the first and only time I'll mention this.
Also, Councilman-elect Jimmy Flannigan is hosting a "What's Next?" meeting, both on Tuesday, December 6 @ 6:30PM at 10501 Hard Rock Rd, Austin TX and on Sunday, December 11 @ 3:00PM at 11009 Andenwood Dr, Austin TX. This meeting is designed to be a discussion forum on the elections, the implications of it, and what you can do to get involved. I met Jimmy at the Wilco Young Dems meeting, and he was a really cool dude with a very Bernie/Keith-like set of ideals and methodologies - I think these meetings will be a very good opportunity to learn stuff and get more involved.

EDIT: missed a Travis party.

I doubt I'm the only Austin-area goon on the forums, and hopefully some other goons from the area are reading this and also happen to be Dems. Another important thing to note here is there are a significant amount of empty Precinct Chairs in the area ripe for being filled! I'll list the ones I know of (again, for my two counties):

Williamson County - 43 vacant seats: 140, 149, 150, 151, 160, 172, 182, 197, 198, 204, 207, 216, 254, 259, 264, 267, 283, 305, 309, 310, 311, 312, 333, 339, 342, 369, 371, 379, 392, 395, 402, 403, 413, 426, 428, 429, 434, 436, 455, 456, 484, 488, 491

Travis County - 95 vacant seats:102, 104, 107, 108, 112, 114, 117, 120, 122, 136, 140, 141, 142, 148, 149, 153, 160, 163, 203, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 215, 216, 217, 219, 220, 224, 227, 228, 233, 241, 244, 248, 253, 266, 273, 274, 303, 305, 306, 307, 309, 313, 323, 324, 325, 326, 330, 335, 336, 339, 343, 344, 349, 351, 352, 356, 357, 361, 368, 369, 370, 372, 401, 403, 404, 405, 406, 411, 415, 416, 419, 423, 424, 425, 427, 428, 430, 431, 435, 436, 437, 444, 446, 447, 448, 452, 454, 461, 463

From what I can tell, the responsibilities of a Precinct Chair, at least in Texas, is to go to monthly meetings and be a voting member of County Democratic Party. This means you'll be able to vote on policies, fundraising, etc. for your county. They also are in charge of voter outreach for their precinct - this is as much or as little as you want to do. Block walking, phone calls, hell maybe even setting up community events. Basically a precinct chair is the local-level GOTV machine for the county.

I'm running for my precinct chair, Williamson County Chair #160. After meeting with some of my local area Dems at the WilCo Young Dems happy hour, I was told that the WCDP meeting this thursday will have a number of elected officials, precinct chairs, and campaign staff, which will be a very good opportunity to get your names and ideas thrown about. There are a significant number of empty chairs that need filling, so if you have any interest in actually effecting change there's no excuse not to at the very least show up to one of the meetings in the quoted post!

EDIT: If you're thinking about claiming a precinct chair and don't know what your voting precinct is, you can look it up online (though I can't find a link that works!). Failing that, just show up and ask. Someone should be able to figure out your precinct by your address.

surfacelevelspeck has issued a correction as of 15:38 on Dec 6, 2016

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
If you live in Brooklyn I would suggest the New King's Democrats. They are a grassroots organization that is trying force the King's County Democrats to be an actually democratic party, rather then a group of crony's with way too much unaccountable power.

Other platform planks are Criminal Justice, New York State Constitutional Convention (literally will be on the ballot in 2017,) the Environment.

http://www.newkingsdemocrats.com

Currently the on the county level you can't make a difference because they only meet publicly once every 2 years (this is by design). So join NKD, force them to be more transparent, and then you can run for one of 2000 vacant district seats in 2018.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
hello are you in california? congratulations you now have three days to become an assembly district delegate and go to cool party conferences and vote on stuff.

http://www.cadem.org/our-party/adem

go here, read up it on it and then send an application in by the 8th. elections are janurary 7-8th which everyone should go to even if you decide not to run.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I'm pretty involved in AZ.

If you're in Maricopa County, PM me and I'll be happy to find the next meeting for your district, and if you want, meet you beforehand so you don't have to go alone and feel weird.

Outside of Maricopa it's a bit more fragmented. It's part of my agenda to make it easier.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Syndlig posted:

Are you going to update the glyphgryph.com website any time soon, btw? It doesn't look like it's changed since the 17th.

Yeah, I think I will, but I gotta figure out what to actually do with it. At first, it was for the DNC information, but that fight seems about as won as it can be for the moment. Then it was about posting meeting updates, but that proved impossible to stay on top of, and it feels like it would be better to trust people to post "upcomings" for their local stuff here in the thread to remind people than to put it on a third party site.

So I would love to turn it into a useful tool, but I'm not yet sure what that would actually involve at this point. Suggestions welcome!

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

considering going to Boston DSA tonight, but I've got food at home I wanna get cooked.......

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...
Can we email you if I don't have PM's?

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Yeah. Thats fine, i will include my email in the op too.

Its glyphgryph@gmail, start the subject line with CSPAM

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

i'm going to a steering committee meeting at my local dem branch next monday

also i might be setting up a mailing list for the dem party of my state

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

hello are you in california? congratulations you now have three days to become an assembly district delegate and go to cool party conferences and vote on stuff.

http://www.cadem.org/our-party/adem

go here, read up it on it and then send an application in by the 8th. elections are janurary 7-8th which everyone should go to even if you decide not to run.

what does an assembly district delegate actually do anyway?

seriously considering running for my district right now

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Instant Sunrise posted:

If there are vacancies, just do it. Someone will tell you what you've gotten yourself into later.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Instant Sunrise posted:

quote:

ADDs are responsible for planning and attending informational meetings throughout the region and working with other delegates to represent their community. They are also elected by voters in their district to vote on behalf of the community they represent at Regional Meetings, the California Democrats Convention, and those who are also elected to serve as an Executive Board member are responsible for voting and representing their community at the semi-annual E-Board meetings.

seems like you get auto-invited to local democrat meetings in addition to going to the two or three statewide party conferences

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

you and 13 others elected from your assembly district go to the state convention and start to agitate and then all the appointed delegates come over and give you a wedgie

A former ADD from San Francisco indicated you should shoot for getting 100 people to vote for you to stand a chance in the ADEM.

ChickenOfTomorrow has issued a correction as of 04:19 on Dec 6, 2016

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Powercrazy posted:

New King's Democrats
i second this post. i'd go to the meeting tomorrow but i got class

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Dunno if there are any Oklahoma City goons around here but there's a volunteer meet and greet tonight at 3700 N Classen Ste 100. I'm planning on going and seeing what's up.

E: it's at 6

Alfred P. Pseudonym has issued a correction as of 13:31 on Dec 6, 2016

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Dunno if there are any Oklahoma City goons around here but there's a volunteer meet and greet tonight at 3700 N Classen Ste 100. I'm planning on going and seeing what's up.

E: it's at 6

i'll try to go

mrfreeze
Apr 3, 2009

Jon Arbuckle: Master of pleasuring women

Michigan goons, this is what is coming up!

So our state convention is on February 11th. You have to be a registered member of the party at least 30 days before that to get a vote. You can join by doing the electronic application at https://michigandems.com or print off a paper copy if you can't afford to donate to the party right now. If you do the paper route, and are in the metro Detroit area, pm me because we will be having someone hand deliver a stack of new member applications to Lansing soon to make sure they don't get "lost in the mail".

Also, this Friday we are having an event at US 12 bar and grille in Wayne. We have speakers from the major state caucuses, from an outside progressive group, and an incredibly amazing judge all coming out to speak on what you can do and why you should get involved. The event starts at 7 pm, and you can RSVP here

https://www.facebook.com/events/1823005154647500/?ti=cl we will have party sign up sheets on site, and all we ask is you eat and drink well and tip the wait staff.

I'm doing a lot more stuff but it would take too long to phonepost about. Will try to make an effort post later.

Barracuda Bang!
Oct 21, 2008

The first rule of No Avatar Club is: you do not talk about No Avatar Club. The second rule of No Avatar Club is: you DO NOT talk about No Avatar Club
Grimey Drawer

get that OUT of my face posted:

i second this post. i'd go to the meeting tomorrow but i got class

Anyone have any details on their relationship to the New Queens Democrats?

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
Well I put my name in the hat for my assembly district. So far only one other person has declared her candidacy so we'll see how it goes.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Instant Sunrise posted:

Well I put my name in the hat for my assembly district. So far only one other person has declared her candidacy so we'll see how it goes.

:getin:

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'll be at a meeting of the Florida Baword County dems tomorrow to discuss rebuilding

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Would be cool to go to this if you are in Ohio.

quote:

Ohio Democrats must play a strong role in any conversation about the future of our national party.

That's why we've invited candidates for leadership of the Democratic National Committee (DNC) to join us in Columbus for our Annual Holiday Party to share their vision for the Democratic Party.

Click here to RSVP for the ODP Holiday Party & Candidates Forum for DNC Officers.

WHO: Ohio Democratic Party
WHAT: Holiday Party & Candidates Forum for DNC Officers
WHEN: Saturday, December 10 (3:30pm Candidates Forum & 4:30pm Holiday Party)
WHERE: Hilton Columbus Downtown, 401 N High St. Columbus OH 43215

RSVP

The Candidates Forum will include: Congressman Keith Ellison, Minnesota; Chairman Jamie Harrison, South Carolina Democratic Party; Assemblyman Michael Blake, Vice Chair Candidate, NYS 79th District -- and others still being confirmed.

Please RSVP if you can attend. We hope to see you there:

http://go.ohiodems.org/holiday

Thanks,

David

David Pepper
Chairman
Ohio Democratic Party

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

Man your state party sounds way cooler than my state party. Wanna trade?

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Instant Sunrise posted:

They're super slow to put candidate stuff up on the site so don't take that as a guarantee you're the only one!

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i went to my district's democratic party meeting in november, about two weeks after the election. it was kind of a shitshow

the statistics were depressing, too. nearly 90% for clinton, great, but then about 52% for the state coal tax initiative on the ballet from the same people. i don't get that kind of disparity, although the way i hear it a bunch of environmentalist groups poisoned the well with worries about businesses leaving if it passed, as if washington would have just thrown its arms up and decided to go without electricity if the smog machines evacuated. disappointing!

i'm not sold on joining the state/district/whatever assembly since i have a full time job that is fairly draining, but i would like to keep going to meetings to see firsthand where the direction of the party goes

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Suggestion for younger posters (high school age):

Lots of local government committees tend to have open student slots in advisory committees. This seems like it might be a good way to get your foot in the door of local government and a good opportunity to start networking, esp. if your local Democratic party is weak.

I don't know that for sure, of course, I'm just going by appearances. Someone who is still in high school needs to join and tell us what it's like!

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

Just got back from the first "What's Next?" meeting Jimmy Flannigan is hosting, and I've got to say I'm starting to feel pretty good about things around here. I won't go into too much detail, but one of the main themes of the meeting was "building a network of community leaders". Basically what it boils down to is a network of people that will be able to provide volunteer work, donations, etc. while keeping local Dem/progressive leaders connected with one another. It sounds like a shitload of work, but also sounds like it could do an amazing amount of good if it gets off the ground.

If you're in the Austin area, please go to one of these meetings. There's another one this Sunday at 3:00PM, and if you have any interest at all in volunteerism, where to send donations, how to start in politics, you can't go wrong with making an Austin city councilman one of your contacts.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

The chair of the Oklahoma Democratic Party told me he had seen me somewhere before and I can't for the life of me figure out where that would have been.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

The chair of the Oklahoma Democratic Party told me he had seen me somewhere before and I can't for the life of me figure out where that would have been.

on a trip somewhere maybe

:lsd:

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

Pollyanna posted:

considering going to Boston DSA tonight, but I've got food at home I wanna get cooked.......

I saw your posts in the Democrats thread, and you might not read this one, but I'm still gonna say "hey, don't get discouraged". Even if you don't want to go to meetings and don't want to get into some crazy elected position or whatever, you should try to go to a single meeting. Meet people, get some business cards/email addresses/phone numbers/whatever. You can still keep in contact with activists and do stuff from the comfort of your own home, like letting them know what's going on in your HOA/neighborhood that they might be able to help with. Activism isn't just "Rah Rah! I'm gonna man the phone banks for 6 hours a day and join 14 committees!", it's also people just hearing about poo poo and letting their local representatives/parties/charity groups know.

Hell, if you don't even want to do that much, and have a couple bucks to spare, find some good local charities and donate :10bux:.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

"We also need to get people active and engaged, and make sure they understand that not all the eggs are in the basket of voting. If you know that you can do democracy by attending a meeting, by writing an op-ed, by being active in your church, I think it’ll help voting. If you tell people the one and only way to help shape society is voting, and they believe the system is corrupt and doesn’t care about your vote, they might not vote. But if they see that citizenship is a multifaceted thing, and voting is just one of the tools, they can see it as a whole system of social justice change."
-- Keith Ellison

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Syndlig posted:

I saw your posts in the Democrats thread, and you might not read this one, but I'm still gonna say "hey, don't get discouraged". Even if you don't want to go to meetings and don't want to get into some crazy elected position or whatever, you should try to go to a single meeting. Meet people, get some business cards/email addresses/phone numbers/whatever. You can still keep in contact with activists and do stuff from the comfort of your own home, like letting them know what's going on in your HOA/neighborhood that they might be able to help with. Activism isn't just "Rah Rah! I'm gonna man the phone banks for 6 hours a day and join 14 committees!", it's also people just hearing about poo poo and letting their local representatives/parties/charity groups know.

Hell, if you don't even want to do that much, and have a couple bucks to spare, find some good local charities and donate :10bux:.

I mean I want to get involved, it just becomes an energy and effort investment for me, which doesn't always go well. but i'm interested in doing what I can, anyway. the DSA is still meeting the rest of this month, so i can go to the next one. the dem party, though, real tough to break in. oh well.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Venom Snake posted:

I'll be at a meeting of the Florida Baword County dems tomorrow to discuss rebuilding

Glad the meeting is back on!

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Venom Snake posted:

did everyone grow a spine and collectively decided to tell the rich fucks to gently caress off? Glad things are going better than they seemed yesterday.

Pollyanna posted:

I mean I want to get involved, it just becomes an energy and effort investment for me, which doesn't always go well. but i'm interested in doing what I can, anyway. the DSA is still meeting the rest of this month, so i can go to the next one. the dem party, though, real tough to break in. oh well.
I'd focus on working with the DSA, it's a lot easier to reach/upend the democratic party from there than it is directly going to them (a telltale sign that your DNC chapter is loving useless), and it seems to be the case here in southern california as well

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Sylink posted:

Would be cool to go to this if you are in Ohio.

Thank you for posting this, literally hours of scouring the Internet for Ohio DNC meetings, and the only thing I could find was a worthless survey.

I did find by chance that the Montgomery County, OH chapter is having a holiday party tomorrow night, so there is that. No information on what seats are vacant or what's going on otherwise.

I also found a Progressive Caucus in the area, but the meeting got moved from this weekend until the last weekend of next month, which is troubling.

BurntCornMuffin has issued a correction as of 19:55 on Dec 7, 2016

Zberan Madowinty
Dec 7, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Kentucky Goon checking in - we have a lot of work to do in this state, but I am going to a holiday potluck next week where I will be put on committees for the largest democratic party group in Jefferson County.

I'm also starting up my research as I plan on running for state house in 2018. I believe in Louisville becoming a tech city the same way that Pittsburgh has and it's important that our state politics reflect that Louisville needs to grow instead of hampering our needed progress in favor of continued tax breaks for businesses that simply pocket the cash as they fail to bring any new work to the state.

I personally believe that Trump is on a fine filament. It would seem his supporters are simply devoted to him no matter what he does, but I believe he is one major mistake from turning them against him. Already his choice of Mnuchin as treasury secretary has turned off quite a few relatives of mine who happily voted for Trump. I am not delusional enough to think that in 2018 the tide of resentment will be fully in place, but it very well may be and if it is, I think it's important that we paint the entire republican party as cheerleaders for a failed administration.

My vision for Louisville and for Kentucky is that our best days are ahead of us.

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:
Outside of party politics: I recently got involved with the unionization of a local store, and it was successful! Workers will often look for customer/community advocates to press management on their behalf, keep your eye out for that.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Zberan Madowinty posted:

I think it's important that we paint the entire republican party as cheerleaders for a failed administration.

Equally important is for us to additionally provide compelling solutions in contrast, and also be seen not as a faceless government party that only climbs out of its hermitage every four years, but as concerned neighbors who are involved our communities, and easily reached. Community outreach should be a big part of the local strategy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

ever go to Sooners games or OKC sports bars?

• Locked thread