Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Oh hey, so Kansas is having a special election on Tuesday to replace Trump's CIA director pick Pompeo. Theres a Democrat running in a super red district who has been abandoned by the national party but has pulled together a lot of last second crowd funding. The guy is going to lose but sending him a last second burst of cash would show that people at least vaguely care about the hellhole that is Kansas. I have family trapped in Kansas who are at the mercy of the state, so I kicked in $100 and will spend some time phone banking tomorrow. If anyone else wants to kick in that'd be great.

Dude isn't perfect on the issues but he's better than his opponent!

http://www.votejamesthompson.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

To anyone in Boston, wards 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 and 19, there is apparently a meeting of Greater Boston Young Democrats tonight at 5:30 at 10 Putnam Street, Roxbury to talk about the Democratic platform. I will be there, but I will not be identifying myself in any way so please don't dox me, TIA.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

GlyphGryph posted:

Can you do me a favour? Let them know one of the delegates/ORMA folks is working on charter amendments and would appreciate anyone interested in helping out. They can contact me at glyphgryph@gmail.com

As I am very dumb please explain to me how one would 'help out' with a charter amendment.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Trip report: People are pretty enthusiastic about the future and mostly want good things added to the platform, like more emphasis on mental health, student debt relief, covering the 0-3 gap in education, or being more emphatic about single payer and acceptable intermediary steps like a public option. There was one extremely goony guy with a union jacket who shilled some books and advocated for a 6 hour work day to increase employment. Also there was a lady who did two separate anti-nuclear rants and wanted a no nuclear ever plank. Absolutely no one talked about marijuana in any capacity. The crowd was very diverse but trended older, although one 16 year old showed up to advocate for lowering the voting age. An official with the DNC turned up near the end to advocate for higher mandatory percentages of women and minorities on Boston construction projects.

• Locked thread