Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
hello are you in california? congratulations you now have three days to become an assembly district delegate and go to cool party conferences and vote on stuff.

http://www.cadem.org/our-party/adem

go here, read up it on it and then send an application in by the 8th. elections are janurary 7-8th which everyone should go to even if you decide not to run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Instant Sunrise posted:

what does an assembly district delegate actually do anyway?

seriously considering running for my district right now

quote:

ADDs are responsible for planning and attending informational meetings throughout the region and working with other delegates to represent their community. They are also elected by voters in their district to vote on behalf of the community they represent at Regional Meetings, the California Democrats Convention, and those who are also elected to serve as an Executive Board member are responsible for voting and representing their community at the semi-annual E-Board meetings.

seems like you get auto-invited to local democrat meetings in addition to going to the two or three statewide party conferences

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

Also, any idea what the E-Board (Executive Board, presumably) does relative to the regular delegates?

iirc you get to go to one more state party convention

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

mrfreeze posted:

So our state political race just got heated! My fiancee decided to run for chair of the Michigan disability caucus, because as it stands they only have about 40 members and hold no meetings and she is very passionate about making it an actual force in Michigan politics. A few weeks ago we found out there is at least one competitor for the job. A very passionate guy with hydrocephaly who also may be very mentally disabled we aren't quite sure. His emails and social media account would lend credence to this, but apparently he found out earlier today that there was no way him and my fiancee could be "co-chairs", so he will have to actually campaign for the position. This led to a phone call where he very eloquently accused my fiancee of stabbing our district chair in the back, basically accused her of being a political opportunist, And tried to convince her that if she ran it would ruin her reputation in the party. We then found out he used similar tactics when he ran for chair of his cities democratic club, and saw that he posted all over Facebook about people who "throw other people under the bus and harm party unity."

So... how the hell do you hit back at a seriously disabled guy who may not even have a firm grasp on reality at times?

just ignore him and present a sane face to the caucus members

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I just looked that other guy up. He seems to be really into toy cars and comic sans.

seems like he'll torpedo his own attempt

• Locked thread