Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

GlyphGryph posted:

Okay, I think OP is up to date with membership so far, double check your status though!

I'm in touch with Dr. Arbitrary now, thanks to this thread, and he's helping me get involved with my local set-up.

Arizona, by the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

GlyphGryph posted:

Hello everyone! I hope you enjoyed your Christmas, celebrated or not - but remember that come January, politics is going to be getting back active! December is kind of a dead month, but regular party meetings resume in many places, and the DNC election is coming up so it's a good time to get involved and a better time to stay involved.

Yeah, I'm just waiting to hear back from Arbitrary at this point--he'd let me know this might take a bit to get back to me.

I work slightly odd hours, though, so I'm hoping that these meetings will be on the weekends. It may be quite difficult on weeknights. :ohdear:

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I'll definitely be at this one. Anyone else?

I'd need a more exact place/time, but if I can, I'll be there.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Update, from what I can tell, it's only going to be on the 14th.
RSVP Here:
https://my.democrats.org/page/signup/phoenix-dnc-regional-future-forum-rsvp

Figures it starts that early.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it in. :(

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Here's more details, don't despair!

"I am a clueless loser who needs specific walkthrough" questions: so what's the best way to go/thing(s) to do if I can be over there after the lunch break but not before?

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
I attended the local party meeting tonight. Dr. Arbitrary attended with me so I had at least one semi-familiar face, and he also brought a box of donuts that I could say was "mine" as a good way to help me stick in people's minds. Thanks to the good doctor!

The meeting was pretty well attended. It seemed like a pretty even mix of old hands and newcomers/people who were once active many years ago. The latter group, which of course included me, uniformly cited the election as our impetus.

We had a speaker in from a fairly progressive cause, and talked a lot about plans and how to get people plugged into various causes.

I think I see a few places for me to get involved, but just by my nature I'm probably going to lurk around the edges for a few months before leaping into anything.

I think my report here is a bit more :effort: than I actually showed while I was there, but now I'm getting tired, so, hey. Just going to post this much as a thread success and probably go to bed before long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Went to the second monthly meeting last night.

We had actually more turnout than January. By like half again, I think. Ran out of seats and several people ended up leaning against furniture.

I signed up for Arizona's Request To Speak system, so with the help of some of the local people like the secretary I'm going to be registering my opinions on a lot of upcoming bills here.

Also I guess I'm probably going to be a PC. When I pointed out where I lived on the map, everyone was excited in the sense of "oh, great, we have like no one out that way". In the next couple weeks, I'm going to be meeting with one of our people to discuss what that would entail and what would be expected.

• Locked thread