Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Lemming posted:

If you're in California and you're trying to be an assembly district delegate, it sounds like it'd be really useful to try to get into contact with one of your local clubs. Beyond bringing your friends to vote for you, they might have a slate of delegates they tell people to vote for. Try to get in on that, if it exists. I think you'll be way more likely to be successful than if you're on your own. Assuming there are more than 14 candidates that is.

My district appears to have a total of five candidates, what the hell? Supposedly they are electing 14 (7 men and 7 women).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Also, any idea what the E-Board (Executive Board, presumably) does relative to the regular delegates?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Well I signed up for the regular delegate thing, don't know if I have the time for E-Board shenanigans.

Going to get my girlfriend to sign up too, why the gently caress not.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Lemming posted:

I'm in California, Alameda County.

Same.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
So they finally listed my candidacy on the CA Dem district delegate page. Turns out I actually have ~15 competitors for these 7 seats. My girlfriend is in a similar situation. So much for a low-effort power grab!

• Locked thread