Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

pathetic little tramp posted:

Got an email from the local young dems organizer in the KY, lol at the ineptitude:

goddamn lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Grondoth posted:

I feel like I'm fuckin' up, but I haven't seen anything I can get involved with until like the 23rd of january out here in wny. There's a $500 per person dinner tonight, but I don't have 500 bucks to spend on that

I'm really heartened to see all these elections changing things, though. These local parties all need to be better!

that's so democrats

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

bump_fn posted:

is there a better term for those than "anti-worker" or "anti-union" thats catchy? loving "right to work" is as bald faced a lie as "clean air act"

anti-family

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
firing people at-will means pregnant women get fired for just being pregnant, it means you can't take vacations to spend with your family, it means you have to work longer hours to avoid being fired. all of these things impact your family's well being. it means moms cant take of their newborns.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

OAquinas posted:

That's a common conflation: Right to Work is an anti-Union measure (meaning you can't be barred from working or forced to pay union dues) and At-Will Employment is anti-worker, period.

oops, yeah you're right

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
im phonebanking for john wisniewski (lol hes gonna get crushed)

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

get that OUT of my face posted:

so Thompson lost by 6%, which is a good showing in a district that Pompeo won by over 20%. but if the DNC and state party (they gave him a whopping $3000) actually gave a single gently caress about that race, he could have won. dear leader Perez said that they didn't have the money to spend a month after singling out lack of attention to "unwinnable" races a mere month ago

i'm starting to get the feeling that getting involved with the democrats is kind of a waste of time, fellas

yeah it seems pretty clear they want bad dems to win and good dems to lose. whoops!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Grand Prize Winner posted:

No but I mean, is he the actual Ebaum? Of ebaumsworld.

no, they just have exactly the same name.

• Locked thread