Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

AbDomen posted:

Sadly part of my willingness is due to the recent election result. I probably wouldn't care much about politics otherwise.

I'm in Albany County, Wyoming. Somewhat purple county in an obscure, deep red state, but I'm hoping to still get involved around here and maybe at least have a slight impact on the local politics.

Hey neighbor, Im in Laramie County.

From what Ive seen on the website the party here is pretty firmly in "BERNIE WAS RIGHT" territory, so this should be fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

On the bright side, you now know your not the only one trying to get things done.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

I've been making an attempt at getting involved with the Dems here in my little backwater county of Tennessee (Claiborne), and for a want of starting somewhere, I'll cross post what I wrote in the Democrat thread:

If I knew what I was doing, I would already have something going. Anyone have any advice? I've been trying to get in touch with the chair of my county, but we've been playing a lot of phone tag.

Only thing i can think of is to try and get your local party (if any) and local chruches involved.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

a good idea considering how pathetic previous democrat attempts at swaying electors were

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Progressive mass is also what I call my balls op

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

eh, a nice primary will put the fear into them so its still progress. just because they avoid getting pushed off the cliff doesnt mean they dont remember how close they were to it.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

yellowyams posted:

my state is gerrymandered to hell and back and my senators are republican, what the gently caress can i do to get dems to stop loving over their constituents? are calls just not working? are they not getting enough? there's literally a huge visible resistance fully prepared to back them in opposing trump and his garbage cabinet but several of them keep playing along.

Primary their asses out of job and make the rampaging jackass movement a thing.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

tennessee backwater update: spoke on the phone with the current county chair -- reorganization goes down in around march, and he's wanting me to run for chair.

i'm typing up the candidacy letter as we speak.

:bernin: give em hell

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Whoo I'm not the only pc who became a pc by default :toot:

if I meet any other democrats in my district I'll throw a bbq on fourth of July on the cracked concrete slab behind my apartment that's pretty much all I can come up v:v:v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

GlyphGryph posted:

Just a reminder - now more than ever it's important to get involved, stay active, and take over.

Federal level dnc politics mean nothing to what goes on in your back yard, get active stay active

• Locked thread