Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

GlyphGryph posted:

Hello everyone! I hope you enjoyed your Christmas, celebrated or not - but remember that come January, politics is going to be getting back active! December is kind of a dead month, but regular party meetings resume in many places, and the DNC election is coming up so it's a good time to get involved and a better time to stay involved.

If anyone has joined or attended meetings for any Democratic affiliated but not technically Democratic organizations, feel free to talk about them here and what it was like.

--

For those of you in MA, I'd like to organize an in person meetup where we can't rant against things like entrenched politics, Hillary Clinton, and spinelessness in the face of the oncoming Republican Terror among "friends".

It would be happening... late January, early February, probably somewhere that serves alcohol.

--

Finally, anyone who still needs info, or who I missed on getting back to or whatever, please ping me again so I can figure out what's going on.

I'm in Maine and I emailed my state coordinator, but I haven't heard anything back yet. It was a few weeks ago, but one of those weeks was Christmas break for a lot of people, so I'm not too concerned yet. I just emailed someone from the list that someone posted earlier. Is there anything more specific I should do?

BTW, If there's any Maine goons getting together on their own, I'd be interested in a meetup similar to what GlyphGryph described for MA goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Got in touch with the Young Dems in my ME-2 county and so far it's been really heartening. The same day their Facebook group got up and running, the organizer used the platform to launch a rally at the airport to protest Trump's executive order. The rally was short notice, but still managed to drum up almost 500 in less than an hour. This is in a city of only 60,000. :getin:

Also over the weekend, we had the KKK leaving fliers overnight in immigrant neighborhoods in our state capital. I'm thinking of organizing a sort of leftist community watch, if only to look after neighborhoods like that and mosques and stuff.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

GlyphGryph posted:

http://ncase.me/polygons/

A powerful lesson on the effects of racism and segregation, and how it can leave all of society worse off without anyone involved actually being "bad" - even if the "racism" is simple "I would prefer it a small portion of those I lived next to were like me" and the individual is otherwise happier in diverse surroundings.

This is great. Thank you!

Got the info to run for an open seat in my local town council. There's also a county-level Dems meeting next weekend, and I'm going to pitch an idea for a community watch. BTW, if you're a Maine goon in Penobscot County, the Penobscot County Democratic Committee is meeting on Saturday, Feb. 11th at 10:30 AM. The meeting is at the Registry of Probate at the county courthouse (on Hammond Street in Bangor).

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

GlyphGryph posted:

Discord has had some issues, users now need to be verified. Post here, send me a pm, speak The Words to me or another admin in a discord PM - whatever, this is just speed bump so that we don't have a constant stream of trolls.

I just downloaded Discord for something else, so I'm up on there now. Is your server just for MA Dem goons, or is it for all goons ITT?

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

GlyphGryph posted:

Its nationwide

GlyphGryph posted:

Also link is in the OP. Someone post it here. I am phone posting

Rad. I'll check it out later when I'm not working. Thanks!

• Locked thread