Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

GlyphGryph posted:

How can a guide spend so many words without really touching on the single most effective strategy of the tea party, without which every single thing they've proposed here falls apart? I mean, geeze, come on. There needs to be a concerted effort to challenge incumbents in safe seats during the primary, and to actually beat them. The tea party didn't succeed by begging their already elected politicians to heed their words the way this seems to ask us to do - they won by replacing enough of them to establish a power base of their own (that was basically employed to keep an eye on the others and make sure they stayed in line) and scare the rest into line lest the same happen to them.

It feels like nothing they've described in this document matters without that crucial piece of leverage.

Possibly because it's written by congressional staffers and if their bosses get primaried they're out of a job? Unless they're employed in another way, dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

GlyphGryph posted:

I actually organized a meeting tonight.

I had the heads of progressive groups from across the state attend MY meeting that I put together and hosted.

Man I'm all abuzz right now. It feels like despite all the poo poo we've got to overcome that I am really, genuinely part of the solution.

this is how it begins, next comes the bushy mustache and after that the gulags

• Locked thread