Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serf
May 5, 2011

I'm working on getting involved in the Georgia Democrats. I got called by the 12th District Chair, and on his his instructions I'm going to my town's City Council meeting next Monday.

Anybody have experience with these meetings? Anything in particular I should ask or be listening out for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

Georgia. Down in Candler County, which is close to gently caress all except Statesboro and Savannah. Ready and willing to coordinate with anybody else down here.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Ferdinand the Bull posted:

Fulton county here. Let's take over GA.

What up. Good to know there's a couple of us lurking around out here.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Not exactly Democratic Party, but I went to my local city council meeting, met all the council members and got the mayor to introduce me around to the police chief, city manager etc. I took a lot of notes the whole time and tried to get as many names and business cards as possible and put my name in for volunteering with the big festival we have in the spring and helping with a Vietnam War veterans memorial. Didn't mention political affiliation at all, just trying to get my name out there and get involved in the community.

I took so many notes they thought I was with the town paper lol. Next up I'm going to the county commissioner's meeting in January since I'm technically not a city resident.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Barbe Rouge posted:

Possibly because it's written by congressional staffers and if their bosses get primaried they're out of a job? Unless they're employed in another way, dunno.

Pretty much this exactly. They want us to be angry and riled up to vote... for the establishment candidates.

Serf
May 5, 2011

skull mask mcgee posted:

So looks like the Georgia Democratic Party kinda has their poo poo together: https://www.georgiaresists.com/#georgia-resists

Hope other state parties are working on stuff like this

Holy poo poo, this is far better than anything I would've expected out of them. Gonna spread this to as many people as I can.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Today I finally had lunch with the chair of georgia's 12th district. he's gonna hook me up with a list of known democratic voters and we're gonna try and get them together to restart the party in my county. the guy who usually runs as a democrat for our state representative seat is a shady poo poo bag who pockets the money from the state party and then doesn't run, so we're gonna look at ways to disrupt his bullshit. the chair is a 70 year old man and most of the people he mentioned are also older folks. getting younger people involved is like my #1 priority right now

also, it turns out that the woman who ran for congress for my district, patricia mccracken, was literally an 80-year-old woman with alzheimers who was put on the ballot and won the primary because everyone just voted for the person at the top of the list. the lady who ran against her had yard signs and campaigned all over the district but lost because people are too fuckin lazy to research the people they're voting for. that's disheartening as poo poo, but gently caress it i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

I just got an email inviting me to a meeting where we'll be discussing possible candidates to run against Rick Allen, from Georgia's 12 district. Pretty excited to go, and I'm working on roping in other people to come and back me up.

Any suggestions on what to do or questions to ask for the potential candidates who will be there? Anybody been to one of these before and can share some information on how the process works?

• Locked thread