Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
Outside of party politics: I recently got involved with the unionization of a local store, and it was successful! Workers will often look for customer/community advocates to press management on their behalf, keep your eye out for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

bernie folks basically succeeded in taking over the local convention here, because we organized and showed up

keep the fight going

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Went to an info session for my local county Dem party. Precinct elections are early march, thinking bout trying for precinct chair. This is one of the few counties in Oklahoma that ever puts any Dems in office so maybe I can do a thing!

do it. organize progressives and get them to show up and vote for you. these elections are usually really sleepy and the old guard doesn't care about showing up

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

nice

https://twitter.com/PostPolls/status/826780393475043330?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

blue squares posted:

How do I find out about low-level elected positions (like precinct captain or whatever the heck) and then research which ones had no opposition/close margins/etc?

Go to local meetings and ask around. None of this poo poo is on the internet

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

The establishment is expecting all the progressives getting involved to just get bored and go home fwiw

don't do that

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

Internet Explorer posted:

If that's not the case then I apologize for the misinformation. There was a local DCC meeting to elect something (I thought it was delegates?) and it was open to all registered Democrats. Maybe that's not true or maybe that's not what they were voting for, sorry.

plenty of places only let you vote if you've been a dues paying member of the party for a while (sometimes a month), this is to discourage both republicans and progressives from influencing the party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

Was at a minor state convention a few days ago, Bernie folks swept it. Best part was when the establishment folks were getting more and more frustrated at their losses and one of then shrieked "sure, you all are pandering to the Bernie crowd, but what about JOE MANCHIN"

• Locked thread