Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF
Hey, as long as you guys are talking about what to do in Virginia, reminder that Cheryl Turpin is running in the special election for the 85th District of VA and is in a close-but-winnable race, please send her your power and your volunteering.

All she's got is a facebook page and a hype man, let's do the work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

Taran posted:

I too will be at this Boston DSA thing on the 9th (and possibly even at the movie-thing on the 12th), as I also want to have "get more involved with politics and stuff" as a resolution this year.

I look forward to meeting y'all there.

Anyone in the thread who's in a red district, tomorrow morning, call your representative's office and tell them that you'll be looking forward to hearing of their principled stand against this bizarre and amoral attempt to defang the Office of Congressional Ethics.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/house-republicans-gut-their-own-oversight-233111

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

get that OUT of my face posted:

I'm quite sure they don't give a poo poo about what commons schmucks like us have to say.

Individually? No. But collectively? Who the gently caress do you think votes them in to office?

The bill got pushed back today in large part due to republican representatives getting flooded with thousands of calls.

Here's a calling script to demand to know how your representative voted:
https://twitter.com/derekcnel/status/816277538519601152

Here's a link to a live-updated spreadsheet recording the answers people are getting:
https://twitter.com/kelsey_ah/status/816336960562331648

Draw your cell phone like a gun and let em' feel some heat.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I'm gonna laugh if it's over 50% no

If it is, that's more room for pressure. We can start calling them and asking them to provide some sort of documentation or evidence - really annoy the gently caress out of em'

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

Zikan posted:

you are aware that the vote was solely among the house republican caucus

I am now :doh:

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

OhFunny posted:

I'm being told about the DSA's Slack platform. Is anyone on this? Is it useful?

I'm on it, it's 3 parts shitposting to 1 part serious strategy discussion. It has some issues - it's a free account so we can only keep 10K messages in the archive at a time, after that they drop off, so there's a limit to how far back we can search on it. We're looking in to superior options now, but it's an ongoing project.

RiotGearEpsilon has issued a correction as of 03:50 on Jan 14, 2017

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

tower time posted:

Their twitter was last used in 2015 to give condolences to Joe Biden for the death of his son, and their facebook was last active 2 days before the 2016 Iowa Caucuses to share an O' Malley post.

Good luck, brother.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF
I don't know anything about West Virginia politics but suddenly I find myself interested in learning more.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

i am officially a candidate for chair of the democratic party of claiborne county, tennessee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjUmULa0R-8

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF
On the 23rd of April there will be a livestream broadcast by Our Revolution - a 'state of the revolution' address which will discuss what's been done so far and with news about what will happen in the future. If you're involved with Our Revolution at all, you likely have another source which is already keeping you in the loop; otherwise, you can look for local livestream watch parties from this page:
http://map.ourrevolution.com/#zipcode=&distance=50&sort=time&f%5B%5D=state-of-the-revolution-livestream

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

LinYutang posted:

Was at a minor state convention a few days ago, Bernie folks swept it. Best part was when the establishment folks were getting more and more frustrated at their losses and one of then shrieked "sure, you all are pandering to the Bernie crowd, but what about JOE MANCHIN"

unless you guys are having your state convention in west virginia I don't see how joe manchin is your problem

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

Lemming posted:

He's not an incredible speaker tho

He's really not, and I'm kind of surprised he hasn't gotten better with practice over the last few months, but his politics are pretty okay I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

AZ Democrats unanimously endorsed the Medicare for all bill.

It's kind of wild that for as lovely as my state is, our party is pretty good.

Good start. Make sure they put teeth behind that endorsement!

• Locked thread