Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tewdrig
Dec 6, 2005

It's good to be the king.

Former Everything posted:

A quick note regarding the Kentucky Democratic Party:

Likewise from Louisville. I've been involved in January of this year and went to the state convention in June.

Metro Dems is the biggest club in Louisville, which isn't saying a ton as many have closed in recent years. Usually has a good 30+ person turnout, and we have about 120 members who are dues-paying ($30/year) and have attended at least one meeting in the last year. As Zbean Madowinty mentioned, there's a potluck on Wednesday. Here's the newsletter. http://eepurl.com/csgyRX A lot of people on the county executive committee and the state central executive committee are members and officers of Metro Dems. I got elected to the board at the last meeting, so if you are coming, shoot me at email at my username @gmail.com, and we can connect.

The state party is a complete disaster. The Jefferson County party is actually rebuilding. The county party treasurer, who is also the state vice-chair, just got fired last week by the county party chair. A lot of division between Louisville and KDP right now, which is a good thing and means Jefferson is improving. But people like Longmeyer thrived in county and state Democratic party politics for so long for a reason, and it's a struggle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tewdrig
Dec 6, 2005

pathetic little tramp posted:

Got an email from the local young dems organizer in the KY, lol at the ineptitude:

That is not ineptitude but by intent. Someone has control, just not willing to give it up. The person you emailed is a good contact and way in though. Very involved, good intentions.

Edit: seriously Kentucky is all kinds of screwed up. It's all people over 50 screwing it up and living in a world where democrats still control the state, and so just acting corrupt and like the gravy train of donations and friendly contracts will never end

Edit2: we were paying about $300/month for a lovely website for the county. $250 maintenance and about $50 for hosting. Now it's going to be $250 to set up a new site and $50/month all-in because some young dem took pity and decided to do it, and the young dem mentioned in the email was able to get it through county executive committee after a lot of lobbying.

Tewdrig has issued a correction as of 02:48 on Dec 13, 2016

Tewdrig
Dec 6, 2005

On a lighter note, Travis County's site makes a big show about precinct organizing. How well has that worked in practice? I've also seen that most precincts positions are vacant, but the party claims to have. A lot of low dollar donors who at least keep the lights on every year, so it seems they are doing something right in Austin.

• Locked thread