Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

HorseRenoir posted:

You could probably make some quick bank for offering to make functional websites for local Dems on the cheap

Yes, there are lots of companies and smaller firms doing this. From non-partisan NationBuilder to firms staffed by the ugly kid in the political dynasty.

ProgressiveExchange still exists I'm pretty sure if you're wanting to be employed in the political/tech world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

HorseRenoir posted:

Probably the best thing we can be doing in the short term is calling Dem party members and getting them to support Ellison, cutting the legs off of Perez's run early. Everything we're doing in this thread is for naught if we can't get a DNC chair that recognizes the value of building strong local grassroots support for the party.

Why are you assuming Perez is against strong local grassroots? Just because Obama likes him?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

ellison knows how to rally the democratic base, perez not so much

But what makes you say that?

Personally, I think the party will do about the same under either. People overestimate what the DNC chair can actually do.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

if your benchmark of what the DNC chair can actually do is debbie wasserman schultz and not howard dean (granted, he was operating under the world of realpolitik which turned out to not make any loving sense at all come the tea party) i can see how you can think that

No even under Dean, I would say he wasn't that powerful. As much as liked the 50 state plan, his DNC never actually implemented it.

The DNC chair is important, but to me, I'm far more worried about this being a nasty DNC fight rather than who actually wins.

Democrats don't have the time or power to spare on infighting and bickering. Like if we have people later saying "yeah but you supported ____ for DNC chair" as an insult we're hosed.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

GlyphGryph posted:

These should be the contacts for the DNC officials. If it's not the person on the list, ask to speak with them and if you can't, pass a message. Then ask them if they are supporting Ellison, and if they aren't already ask them to do it.

I'm not much of a persuasion person, so anyone with better advice can feel free to provide it.

So to be clear, it is ok to organize for Ellison in this thread but not any other DNC candidate?

• Locked thread