Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Dunno if there are any Oklahoma City goons around here but there's a volunteer meet and greet tonight at 3700 N Classen Ste 100. I'm planning on going and seeing what's up.

E: it's at 6

Alfred P. Pseudonym has issued a correction as of 13:31 on Dec 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

The chair of the Oklahoma Democratic Party told me he had seen me somewhere before and I can't for the life of me figure out where that would have been.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Well What Now posted:

ever go to Sooners games or OKC sports bars?

Not really. I did go to a thing in the city a few weeks ago with some state legislators but it was a nonpartisan organization hosting and the only big name there iirc was House Minority Leader Scott Inman.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Went to an info session for my local county Dem party. Precinct elections are early march, thinking bout trying for precinct chair. This is one of the few counties in Oklahoma that ever puts any Dems in office so maybe I can do a thing!

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

I joined the Discord as AlfredP and I can only see the wilderness

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Doorknob Slobber posted:

it depends on where you live. My county puts up a big list of the positions up for election, and then during the filing period they put up a big list of all the people who have filed. So my suggestion is check your county elections web page to see if its there.

They'd have official government positions, but I think the question was about party leadership, which yeah you'll want to go to local party meetings. My county Democratic Party had an info session a few weeks back and went over how the process works. If you have an Our Revolution chapter nearby, they're also likely to have information.

My local city council elections were tonight and two of the three Good Candidates won (including the one I canvassed for) and the third race is going to a runoff so that's cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

County Convention this weekend. Got precinct vice chair a couple weeks back, now to go for state delegate. Gonna own.

• Locked thread