Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The Unholy Ghost posted:

I boycott garbage that way all the time.

I don't care if it makes me a sperg, there are certain things I want and when creators taunt me it does not want to make me give them money :colbert:

hosed up that you aren't going to go to a cafe in another country

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

gently caress I got beat

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
There are examples that can apply for videogames, such as the fake depictions of Shulk in Xenoblade X, or Square Enix's various fake-outs on Chrono Trigger sequels.

But, I'll stop here. I'm already the butt of the joke.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

chumbler posted:

The second season of Kabaneri should just be about the strong train driver.

Thirded, motion carried.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

https://twitter.com/MangaMagJapon/status/809536770027057152

rei hiroe is making a new anime (ei aoki is directing) and hes taking black lagoon off its hiatus. an earlier tease mentioned submarines

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Davincie posted:

rei hiroe is making a new anime (ei aoki is directing) and hes taking black lagoon off its hiatus. an earlier tease mentioned submarines

BOI.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Davincie posted:

https://twitter.com/MangaMagJapon/status/809536770027057152

pretty sure this isn't the first time i've heard of black lagoon coming back and then nothing happened.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

a new PV for ACCA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KLcXHQZyls

designs look great and there are a ton of cuts in there from the first few chapters, so it looks like it'll be a straightforward adaptation for what little that's worth. love the focus on food, it's one thing i really liked about the bit of the manga that's translated.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

dogsicle posted:

a new PV for ACCA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KLcXHQZyls

designs look great and there are a ton of cuts in there from the first few chapters, so it looks like it'll be a straightforward adaptation for what little that's worth. love the focus on food, it's one thing i really liked about the bit of the manga that's translated.

I don't know anything about what genre this is or what it's really about but it looks great and I'm sold

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

GorfZaplen posted:

I don't know anything about what genre this is or what it's really about but it looks great and I'm sold

shingo natsume is directing so expect it to have some crazy visual flair in general

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

only like three chapters are translated and it's basically about a chill dude, called Gene the Cigarette Bum, who audits regional government offices. without really spoiling anything he's given an assignment to travel to each of the 13 regions in half a year, while there's also some focus on a council of five dudes who run the whole thing and a handful of other gov't workers who aren't in Gene's office.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it'll be cool to see natsume work on something not quite as insane as one-punch man or the episodes of space dandy he worked on again, the only thing like that i've seen that he worked on was episode 4 of welcome to the nhk which, uh, sure was split between his weirdly stylized cuts and outsourced cuts that were actually just really ugly and off-model in a way that did not look remotely good even viewing it separate from the rest of the show

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

dogsicle posted:

only like three chapters are translated and it's basically about a chill dude, called Gene the Cigarette Bum, who audits regional government offices. without really spoiling anything he's given an assignment to travel to each of the 13 regions in half a year, while there's also some focus on a council of five dudes who run the whole thing and a handful of other gov't workers who aren't in Gene's office.

I'm double sold now

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Gene the Cigarette Bum who audits regional offices might be the most hype description of a show all year

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

he has a normal surname, but gets called the Cigarette Bum because he's always smoking. tobacco is a super luxury item to the point that other ACCA workers are unsure how he affords cigarettes. so I'm sure there's something else at play there.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
The manga is by Natsume Ono and I'm glad they're maintaining her art style, can't wait for all the whining to start about how ugly everyone is like House of Five Leaves got

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the art in acca is different enough than five leaves that i think it'll be fine. nobody is toeing the "soulless eyes" or "too large mouth" lines. :cheeky:
but the manga is definitely loose and simple to a degree that makes it less visually interesting imo, so the color and detail of this as adaptation is like perfect for it.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Everything Burrito posted:

The manga is by Natsume Ono and I'm glad they're maintaining her art style, can't wait for all the whining to start about how ugly everyone is like House of Five Leaves got

I had no idea what you were taking about, since I couldn't see any way you could consider the designs in that trailer ugly unless you have a deep, personal objection to characters having noses, so I did a GIS of House of Five Leaves.

... dang. That is not an effective visual transition from manga to anime. Was Edo experiencing a wave of immigration from Innsmouth or something?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
House of Five Leaves is great and looks cool and unique, I won't stand for badmouthing of it.

I didn't realize ACCA shared HoFL's mangaka, now I'm excited for it. And now I've watched the trailer, and I'm more excited for it.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
It takes some getting used to, but I'm a fan of Natsume Ono's artstyle. It really does make her characters distinguishable from other artists.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

House of Five Leaves is great and looks cool and unique, I won't stand for badmouthing of it.

I didn't realize ACCA shared HoFL's mangaka, now I'm excited for it. And now I've watched the trailer, and I'm more excited for it.

I'm going to say House of Five Leaves' sole redeeming feature was having good a OP and ED

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

House of Five Leaves' sole redeeming feature was having good a OP and ED

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

he said it

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

another yamato pv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9qjqZwsrV0

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Erg posted:

I'm going to say House of Five Leaves' sole redeeming feature was having good a OP and ED

Don't do it.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Erg posted:

House of Five Leaves' sole redeeming feature was having good a OP and ED

How dare you.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

house of five leaves definitely looks different than the manga, in ways which aren't super favorable imo.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
It does have a good OP and ED, though.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Davincie posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmr6VSOW4zU

yuasa adapting another novel by the tatami galaxy author

'A black haired girl is walking around the streets of Kyoto, from the night scene of Pontocho to a second-hand book fair in Shimogamo, then off to a college fair. The main character that has a romantic feeling for her secretly follows her around and looks for the opportunities to run into her in a manner that seems like a coincidence. Unfortunately for him, she is not interested in love yet so she does not notice his feelings. What waits these two characters are crazy incidents caused by individuals such as a person who introduces himself as a Japanese mythical creature Tengu, the god of second-hand book or the money lender in a three story vehicle.'

yessssssss

although: those character designs look so similar to The Tatami Galaxy's supporting cast that I can't tell if some of them are supposed to be the same people or not

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I keep saying comments to the effect of Little Witch Academia being a Netflix exclusive. Which if true, kinda fuckin sucks.

oh well
:pirate:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I mean, it'd make sense, since they have the rights to the two OVAs.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i wouldn't mind anime being netflix exclusives if they didn't insist on only uploading complete seasons. so, despite having a netflix sub i end up pirating those shows.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yeah, it's the "wait til it finishes, then put it all up at once" thing that sucks. Otherwise it'd be fine.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

and netflix kindly never makes it available in my region and practically nobody bothers ripping netflix shows. kuromokuro never got ripped for one, fun stuff!

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

On that note, apparently Amazon prime is still lagging on making shows available in the US (not that they have much good, but).

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Davincie posted:

and netflix kindly never makes it available in my region and practically nobody bothers ripping netflix shows. kuromokuro never got ripped for one, fun stuff!

And kuromukuro is pretty good! But there's no discussion, no word of mouth, no nothing. For all I know, it didn't affect the actual popularity or sales in any real way, but it sure feels like it just kind of vanished.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Davincie posted:

There were Kuromukuro raws releasing as it aired in Japan, the issue was that the people who were doing the subs for gg dropped out early and then no other established group picked it up, so a bunch of nyaa regulars ended up scrambling to put out a TL that started out pretty bad but eventually ended up decent.

Hopefully, whether or not Netflix insist on being idiots and only putting LWA up after each cours, it won't suffer the same problem Kuromukuro did.

a kitten posted:

And kuromukuro is pretty good! But there's no discussion, no word of mouth, no nothing. For all I know, it didn't affect the actual popularity or sales in any real way, but it sure feels like it just kind of vanished.

It's a real shame since Kuromukuro was an extremely good show. :(

I'm going to have to pick between it and ReLIFE for most underrated show in the end of year thread.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Dec 17, 2016

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-16/doraemon-co-creator-warau-salesman-manga-gets-new-tv-anime/.109979

Cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lemon-Lime posted:

There were Kuromukuro raws releasing as it aired in Japan, the issue was that the people who were doing the subs for HS dropped out early and then no other established group picked it up, so a bunch of nyaa regulars ended up scrambling to put out a TL that started out pretty bad but eventually ended up decent.

Hopefully, whether or not Netflix insist on being idiots and only putting LWA up after each cours, it won't suffer the same problem Kuromukuro did.

You mean gg. Horriblesubs does nothing but rip from official streams, and they don't rip from Netflix.

• Locked thread