Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Lord Koth posted:

More Konosuba should be good.

As far as I can tell it's also not based off either game, but rather is something new. So not only are you not getting the localization changes, there's no nostalgia factor either.

meaning it is a show with a goofy premise that is free of the original dry game script. i dunno, it has at least the possibility of being good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
iran is hip right now

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
blue exorcist is merely okay, but the first anime ended just before a couple of big flashy arcs.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i had no idea yellow tanabe was a woman

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
centaur's worries is really weird and interesting, but man, that first chapter.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i wouldn't mind anime being netflix exclusives if they didn't insist on only uploading complete seasons. so, despite having a netflix sub i end up pirating those shows.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
huh, so that chain chronicle movie popped up on cr. did it not get a theatrical release, or what?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
saiki is good

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Davincie posted:

pv for rei hiroes new series, i don't like the animation all that much but the premise seems good. various anime archtypes fighting eachother in a battle royale, so mecha, magical girl, yakuza, sword witch, shoujo fantasy heroine and so on

https://a.pomf.cat/bdtdgp.mp4

i liked what little they showed of the robots

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the creepy grown-rear end man in a little girl's body bullshit is the primary appeal. that is why it was popular enough to get an anime.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
two single adults are attracted to each other? NOT ON MY WATCH! *dies alone and unloved*

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they are simulcasting it in japan

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the real hope for a baa anime is if cameron ever manages to make that live action baa movie he's been going on about for so long

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
SO is more about actual dungeon delving than harem hijinks

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
let eureka seven stay dead

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

that is all ao deserves

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the first season had a filler ending. the second season is pretending that never happened and is continuing from episode 17 or so, which is where the adaptation of the manga left off.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't think anyone liked that ending

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it always has tons of incredibly nasty stuff that is going on above the kids' heads. the kids then run face first into those messes. the actual exorcising demons thing isn't really the focus, which is good because that poo poo is kind of boring.

i'd say it is a lot more coherent than d.gray man, at least.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they are in trashy harem shows

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
drat, only one more and i could use a different osomatsu butt mouse pad every day of the week.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it is inevitable either way.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the best possible adaptation would be big budget ovas like hellsing ultimate. that doesn't look any more likely than a vaguely decent tv show, though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
even otherwise tepid episodes of gintama sometimes have one or two amazing jokes. for example, gin's centaur costume absolutely cracks me up for some reason but it first appeared in an episode riddled with otsu, who is never funny at all.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i haven't had much free time lately, so all i'm watching right now is konosuba and blue exorcist. i'll probably binge watch a few more shows when i'm free.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
uh wait, where is favaro?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
but anyway, it looks like the pink girl is the goofball swashbuckler this time and i am perfectly fine with that.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

There Bias Two posted:

I've already forgotten the entire plot of the last series...

kaisar is very mad at favaro and chases him, sometimes they team up to fight demons. there is a dragon at the end. it had a huge animation budget and was very pretty.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
for a gyaru, shouldn't it be an orange elf?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i thought the word black implied as much

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Isekai: At Least It's Not Incest!*

*may contain incest

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
nothing can top an episode of akiba's trip aside from an episode of any halfway decent show

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if men didn't want to be objectified they should have dressed more modestly

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
my prediction is that some of the shows that look good will be bad and vice versa

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
a vote against truck death is a vote against isekai. which honestly, i can't really disagree with since the vast majority of isekai stories are godawful.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

El Burbo posted:

Dunno, but I did see someone link pages from a manga where a dude is killed by a truck and then goes to a world where people get powers based on how they die so the dude can just summon Japanese death trucks

i wish to know more about this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Kytrarewn posted:

The only one that I truly disliked was Danmachi.

Perhaps not coincidentally, I started seeing all of the hatred for RPG mechanics in fantasy stories around the time Danmachi S1 aired.

danmachi was just a fantasy story. isekai refers to traveling to another world. rpg mechanics are commonly found in isekai stories, but it isn't an intrinsic part of the genre.

• Locked thread