Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Demi-chan and KonoSuba are my only sure watch so far. Also the Yuyushiki special.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Luck & Logic was enjoyable. Nothing exceptional, but as far as Magic High School (sans high school) style shows go, it felt more honest and less boastful than the bunch.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

chumbler posted:

What is her shirt tucked into?

Four-legged pants with a tail slit, obviously.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Xelkelvos posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eADGP3b9j0

The PV for Gabriel DropOut if it hasn't been posted already. Been spoiling myself with the manga and it's quite amusing. The PV seems to show some sequences extended like the initial introduction and the fight with the dog

So sorta like Pita Ten, but then not really.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Tamba posted:

New PA Works thing in the spring season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYGzOTL5sOs

Really weird premise work comedy?

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Are you saying Tsuritama wasn't good enough?

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

quote:

Why do people spoil their own plot I don't get it. Sure it's a predictable turn for the story to take but still.
Yeah that reads like a synopsis of a first episode at worst, setting up the premise of a harem comedy.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Why are everyone naked on Crunchyroll's poster for Ai Mai Mii.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Major Ricardo posted:

No like anyone was going to watch it (I hope), but Forest Fairy Five is the shittest poo poo. People put more effort into MikuMikuDance videos and they look better too.

I watched until the first conversation-ish part and had to turn it off.

Instead I watched Akibastrip and enjoyed it far more than I thought I would. Will watch a few more episodes.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

One intensely useful thing I just discovered:
Senpai also has an RSS feed of Crunchyroll's manga publications here: http://utils.senpai.moe/

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

One Room is intensely creepy, I'd say close to the definition of that word. It's "first person", you see through the eyes of the "main character", who has no voice apart from any you add yourself. A high school girl moves in next door, greets you, and later asks you to help her study. The camera movement is intensely "male gaze". Very unsettling to watch.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

elDLIVE: Very much a Shonen Jump thing, may watch ep 2 for the heck of it but it rather bland overall.

Maidragon: I liked.

Piacevole: I like the anime better than the manga so far, may also be related to the anime presenting things in smaller chunks, and actually somewhat slower paced.

KonoSuba S2: Yes.

AKIBASTRIP: Still like after ep 2. Definitely a fanservice show in every sense of the word, also product placement show. The Momoi Halko cameo was nice.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Thor-Stryker posted:

I'm gonna do this. I'll avoid the manga too.

This isn't getting into extreme fanservice ecchi stuff is it? I'd prefer heartbreak and the feels.

Not having watched ep 3 yet, from the first 2 episodes it seems to be setting up for some pretty bad jealousy.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Has anyone watched Schoolgirl Strikers ep 2 and 3? Does anything interesting happen?

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I'm probably dropping Urara Meirochou, it's just kinda boring.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Watched first episode of the new Precure. I thought it felt a bit stilted at times, not as good as other recent Precure first episodes. However I did like that Ichika actually created her own transformation instrument from the cake, rather than getting it handed to her. In the words of the Tesagure-bu, That's new!

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Blank Construct posted:

i dunno, i found the panty gag kind of skeezy, the rest kind of the gags kind of blah, and decided to stop watching when they pulled a tilt up from satanya's(???) shoes to her face when she was using the can. no thank you, not for me.

You mean you didn't watch the episode with Tabris? Because you definitely should.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I thought the (original) Pretty Sammy TV series was quite good. Cautiously looking forward to some more info.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

khy posted:

Is elDLIVE any good?

I think it's okay in a chuuni way, but didn't keep my attention.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Oh hey, there's a raw out for the YUYUSHIKI OVA.

https://0x0.st/J40.webm
intended to loop

nielsm fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Feb 28, 2017

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

But really the additional Yuyushiki was good. Nothing groundbreaking maybe, though I liked the background trio of girls getting some additional attention. However one part that really surprised me was Yui near the end remarking to herself, how Yuzuko despite her silly behavior actually is both intelligent and diligent. It was never something I particularly noticed, but I suppose it's been true all along, and it's a nice departure from the usual character tropes.

I hope someone subs it soon so I can watch it again and get more of the puns.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Biggest events of each week:
Kemono Friends - just very enjoyable
Maidragon - same
Gabriel Dropout - very good comedy although it could use more Tab
March Lion - very much like the depression drama

Also good:
Demi-chan
Akiba's Trip
Konosuba
Piacevole
KiraKira Precure

Whatever, still watching:
Masamune
Fuuka

Dropped:
Urara
eLDLIVE
Schoolgirl Strikers

Dropped like burning red iron:
One Room

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

From what I remember, the first month or two while SAO was airing, the opinion was overall positive, even very positive. Then about 6-8 episodes in it went into a nosedive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Finished Akiba's Trip today. Overall enjoyed the trip, plenty of fun along the way. Can't say it was among the great shows but I never thought it was straight disappointing.

• Locked thread