Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

a kitten posted:

The first LWA should be mandatory viewing, it's freaking incredible.

Also, it's only a half hour long.

Also, both the LWA OVAs are on Netflix, if you're in the UK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

The Colonel posted:

both ovas are less than an hour so watching them together takes like an hour and ten minutes

The second one is like an hour long, at least according to Netflix!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

US only, pretty sure. :(

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

chumbler posted:

The second season of Kabaneri should just be about the strong train driver.

Thirded, motion carried.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Davincie posted:

and netflix kindly never makes it available in my region and practically nobody bothers ripping netflix shows. kuromokuro never got ripped for one, fun stuff!

There were Kuromukuro raws releasing as it aired in Japan, the issue was that the people who were doing the subs for gg dropped out early and then no other established group picked it up, so a bunch of nyaa regulars ended up scrambling to put out a TL that started out pretty bad but eventually ended up decent.

Hopefully, whether or not Netflix insist on being idiots and only putting LWA up after each cours, it won't suffer the same problem Kuromukuro did.

a kitten posted:

And kuromukuro is pretty good! But there's no discussion, no word of mouth, no nothing. For all I know, it didn't affect the actual popularity or sales in any real way, but it sure feels like it just kind of vanished.

It's a real shame since Kuromukuro was an extremely good show. :(

I'm going to have to pick between it and ReLIFE for most underrated show in the end of year thread.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Dec 17, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Strange Quark posted:

You mean gg.

I do.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
They didn't even put Flying Witch or Tanaka-kun in AOTY, or Ohta or Miyaaaano in best guy/girl.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I'm really glad there's only four shows I'm interested in this season, because 2016 has been kind of insane. Onihei, Urara Meirochou, Maid Dragon and Little Witch Academia are the only ones I plan to check out, and it feels weird to say this but I really hope there aren't a ton of super good shows I wasn't aware of because I'd quite like to be able to make a dent in my backlog.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Everything Burrito posted:

it's cracking me up that instead of "there's nothing good this season it all sucks" everyone is like "thank god there's less stuff I want to watch"

:yeah:

It's a good feeling and it's nuts how good 2016 has been. Nearly everything I watched is making it into my honourable mentions for best anime of 2016.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Does Demi-chan have any extra content over the manga so far? I like the manga but I'm not too interested in watching something that's a straight adaptation.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Cool, thanks. I'll guess I'll watch the first episode, at least.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

a kitten posted:

I feel like you wouldn't get much blood out of there.

That's actually the point, in this case (read the manga to find out why!).

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
https://files.catbox.moe/694m55.webm

I've decided Urara Meirochou is good.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The OP/ED are also insanely good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVnZPwK8_JQ

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Namtab posted:

one person make the demi chan thread, and another make the monster girl fanservice thread for boom to live in

boom is banned, namtab, you don't need to make a thread for him to live in.

a kitten posted:

Looks interesting, it streaming anywhere?

It's very cute, and I have no idea where it's streaming, sorry. :(

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I watched the first episode of Schoolgirl Strikers and it's not great, but it's also not terrible, and it could potentially be pretty decent if it focuses more on the girls goofing around than punching monsters.

At least the first third of the ED is cute:
https://files.catbox.moe/9f2xa6.webm

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jan 9, 2017

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I enjoyed Maidragon since it's goofy and cute and features people in software jobs being annoyed at their jobs.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
ACCA is super stylish and chill, although I still hate their uniforms. This is annoying because I was hoping I could just skip it, but instead it's good.

The subs the main character's name wrong is hilarious, though. :downs:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jan 13, 2017

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
https://files.catbox.moe/wac59g.webm

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Apparently I didn't actually post the Urara Meirochou OP/ED last week, even though I thought I did:

https://files.catbox.moe/opuvvy.webm

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Space Flower posted:

akiba strip seems fun and goofy. it makes me want to pick up the game that's on steam when it's on sale some time. but also, i kind of wonder about the "it's just good because of the localization" angle I've kept hearing since the show alone makes me laugh and there's a lot of funny japanese stuff even i can pick up, like all their dumb punny/net culture names

The game is good because the localised writing is really funny, and it's neat to wander around a mostly 1:1 Akiba, but the combat in it is super boring and aggressively mediocre and the game would be better without it (or with combat that's actually good).

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

nielsm posted:

I'm probably dropping Urara Meirochou, it's just kinda boring.

Ah, the boring meme.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Strange Quark posted:

The I'm not watching a show anymore because I'm not enjoying it meme?

That one's not a meme!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Homura and Sickle posted:

I had no internet for the first month of this season and want to catch up. Aside from Little Witch Academia (which I love already) what shows are worth checking out now that they've had 4-5 episodes?

Urara Meirochou, ACCA, Demi-chan, Kobayashi's Maid Dragon.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Endorph posted:

woah gently caress a dungeon meshi anime im on board

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Machi is the only one with a crush on their super hot and super nice teacher, and it's treated exactly the way you would expect "student has crush on teacher" to be treated in real life, i.e. the teacher is oblivious to it and will never do anything because she's a kid and he's an adult.

Takahashi's romantic interest is Satou.

Also, Himari and Hikari's parents show up in like chapter 3 of the manga, and will probably be in next week's episode (if not this week's) given the Takahashi/Himari bits in the last episode.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Feb 7, 2017

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

brainwrinkle posted:

Hey everyone - ACCA is the best show this season. Please check it out if you like bureaucracy, cakes, food, regionalism, low-key political drama, excellent foreshadowing, old men, young men, older women, princes voiced by Mamoru Miyano, landlords, people discovering toast, New Years parties, cigarette smokers, high taxes on cigarettes, or people who go to work only to eat snacks. Thank you.

ACCA features no landlords, just building managers. :colbert:

Although I'm sure the mysterious unseen landlord that the protagonists acknowledge they've not see in years is going to show up and be plot-relevant at some point.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

kater posted:

I'm pretty sure he's supposed to be the dude Crow is working for. There was something connecting the two in an early episode I'm pretty sure. Which I guess makes sense given the latest revelation.

I'm pretty sure that's the king, whom Crow even acknowledged is his boss in the last episode, which was only made clear in this one.

Although given the latest reveal, he would still make sense as the landlord. :v:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

z0glin Warchief posted:

Black military-ish uniform with a red+white+black icon on the arm is pretty much always going to remind most people of SS/nazi uniforms, I think. Especially when worn by a dude with blond hair and blue eyes, like in the promo art:

It's this.

If the inspection division uniforms had been navy instead, the comparisons wouldn't have been drawn, I think.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
https://files.catbox.moe/jk52j7.webm

Urara is good.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

What's that from?

:iiam:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

I'm glad this is happening.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
ACCA's ending was basically perfect, drat. It's also the show with the best soundtrack so far this year.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

This, also.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

AnoHito posted:

I'm pleasantly surprised by how good Urara ended up being. It managed to be really cutesy, but at the same time have a genuinely interesting overarching plot and setting to back it up.

I hope we get a second season eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Mentat Radnor posted:

Please don't forget our "h" in Pittsburgh, we're really anal about keeping our "h".

It's no one's fault that you can't pronounce it properly, though. :colbert:

• Locked thread