Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kater
Nov 16, 2010

Is that the pasta show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

But where's the No Game No Life sequel???

kater
Nov 16, 2010

NGNL tilted hard on the color saturation and sometimes that is enough for me.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

OneDeadman posted:

The sister from SNAFU is real good.

More people should watch SNAFU.

???

There was a sister in SNAFU?

Also best character was baggage free freshman, Icky should just ditched the sad squad and go hang out with her.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

There's only one arrow, and it's from everything positive in this world spiraling down a drain.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Lemon-Lime posted:

ACCA features no landlords, just building managers. :colbert:

Although I'm sure the mysterious unseen landlord that the protagonists acknowledge they've not see in years is going to show up and be plot-relevant at some point.

I'm pretty sure he's supposed to be the dude Crow is working for. There was something connecting the two in an early episode I'm pretty sure. Which I guess makes sense given the latest revelation.

Also I started watching this show mistaking it to be Youji Senki and was very, very confused for a while. ACCA is so goddamn low key there are slice of life shows with more going on.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The show was kind of unbearable at first but seems fairly optimistic really.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Last episode being a 3 minute short extended too long aside, I think LWA has been pretty good about building on itself.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Someone tried to do a season recap a few pages back and it didn't go anywhere, so let me try:

Everything is good.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

In order because order is important.

Dragon Maid - SLICE OF LIFE do nothing show ft MODERN FANTASY and SALARYMAN ENNUI. Quite charming. This was always going to be my favorite show.

Interviews with Demi-chan - Very cute show that manages to reframe a few pretty terrible anime conventions into something endearing. My favorite of the season.

Tanya - Bizarre and fun uncomfortable concept with incredible main character. Favorite show of the season.

ACCA - Very original show to the point of being almost indescribable. Favorite show airing right now.

Kemono Friends - Insanely comfortable show. Started watching for no good reason and was just mesmerized. Favorite current thing right now.

Scum's Wish - Very difficult show to start but has been really fun after getting over the hump. Or lack of? Terrific main character that carries a lot of weight. Of the shows airing this one is my favorite.

Little Witch Academia - Nice and cute and cute and nice. Nicely my favorite.

Gab Drop - Stupid hikki angel moe fun poo poo, favorite.

Konasuba 2 - Eh. It's good. Sometimes the faces get under my skin, most of the time I like them a lot.

Seiren - Hasn't been anywhere as good as Amagami SS but still pretty okay. Wouldn't it be neat if this concept was done without using the same boring MC over and over? Like, what if they just told good stories?

Yowamushi Pedal - Coasting on how good last season was currently but I'm sure it'll get gooder.

Masamune - Trash show but has fun with a neat concept. If this season were weaker I'd probably watch this more.

BanG! - Only seen first two eps but has good vibe and I wanna watch more.

I don't know where I'd put March Comes In Like A Lion. The current arc it's in is actually pretty uninteresting. I mean, it is interesting. It is definitely interesting. But compared to last cour, it is much more tame. I've cooled on it quite a bit. Might be related to the much worse OP.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Akko did nothing wrong.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Push Unicorn Blizzard

kater
Nov 16, 2010

S2 struggled pretty hard to justify existing. Shoulda been a movie.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Endorph posted:

kumiko and reina grew and changed as people, is what happened in s1, because it's a character piece

Would have been nice if they made a sequel to that.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

demi-chan is good, tanya is good, japari is good, isekai is good.

this has been my favorite season in basically forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Kytrarewn posted:

I tend to agree, especially with the weird ending/postscript to the first arc. It gave the impression that it'd be a series of 3-4 episode long vignettes, rather than actually having a semi-coherent plot across the course of the schoolyear.

Wait... whaaaaaaaaaaaat?

I stopped after the first arc just for lack of time but was definitely wishing the show was more ambitious than just resetting and using the same bland guy over and over.

• Locked thread