Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

Davincie posted:

oh and this is what the panty and stocking announcement was

https://twitter.com/otakomu/status/809376184215556097

This might sound like a CRAZY idea, but wouldn't it be in a company's best interests to not fake their audience out by implying something exciting, and then announcing something different and disappointing? Leaving an audience that feels like it's been tricked?

I don't know, maybe that idea just sounds INCOMPREHENSIBLE to everyone but me... I see Japanese game and anime studios doing it all the drat time, so there must be something I'm missing...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

No one's probably actually gonna boycott something because of a bait and switch announcement and they generate far more buzz that way

I boycott garbage that way all the time.

I don't care if it makes me a sperg, there are certain things I want and when creators taunt me it does not want to make me give them money :colbert:

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
There are examples that can apply for videogames, such as the fake depictions of Shulk in Xenoblade X, or Square Enix's various fake-outs on Chrono Trigger sequels.

But, I'll stop here. I'm already the butt of the joke.

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

Gyra_Solune posted:

so is eureka seven ao the sonic 2006 of anime

No, it would have required Eureka Seven to be good in the first place.

• Locked thread