Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm going to watch Onihei and ACCA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

How long until one season is going to be entirely for Mobage cashgrab anime adaptations

Considering that one of the games that's getting a show this season is already being shut down I think the bubble is in the process of bursting

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The Saint Seiya spin-off about a female saint is getting an anime

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

dogsicle posted:

a new PV for ACCA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KLcXHQZyls

designs look great and there are a ton of cuts in there from the first few chapters, so it looks like it'll be a straightforward adaptation for what little that's worth. love the focus on food, it's one thing i really liked about the bit of the manga that's translated.

I don't know anything about what genre this is or what it's really about but it looks great and I'm sold

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

dogsicle posted:

only like three chapters are translated and it's basically about a chill dude, called Gene the Cigarette Bum, who audits regional government offices. without really spoiling anything he's given an assignment to travel to each of the 13 regions in half a year, while there's also some focus on a council of five dudes who run the whole thing and a handful of other gov't workers who aren't in Gene's office.

I'm double sold now

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Gene the Cigarette Bum who audits regional offices might be the most hype description of a show all year

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-16/doraemon-co-creator-warau-salesman-manga-gets-new-tv-anime/.109979

Cool

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

huh, so that chain chronicle movie popped up on cr. did it not get a theatrical release, or what?

The theatrical release is Asia only, apparently. Everywhere else they're just dropping the corresponding episodes at the same time as the film

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-15/crunchyroll-funimation-to-stream-chain-chronicle-anime-in-japanese-english/.109960

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I read a bit and it uses the "Gold Saints come back from the dead" plot element which makes this the fifth or sixth time in the history of the franchise

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Adel posted:

That ridiculous boob armor needs to go.

It's great

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

It wouldn't be Saint Seiya without completely impractical armor.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

a kitten posted:

Get a head start on picking your top five with ANNs version of our best-of list.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/survey/695

I don't see Osomatsu-san, did that start last year? I forget.

It did start last year but it ended this year

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

dogsicle posted:

the best of thread will be up on the 26th or 27th

poo poo I don't have a lot of time to catch up on this season

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Also flip flaps and probably some other shows aren't going to be finished until the end of the year, although I'm willing to bet anyone who would vote for those shows is already decided

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Parallax posted:

i'm doing anime awards, some sample categories are "best shin-chan movie i watched this year" and "best 52 episode anime from the 80s that i watched 3 episodes of and then forgot about"

I think Vifam is the only non seasonal anime I finished this year

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Agronox posted:

Yeah, I will do the same. Everyone seems to agree that the manga was as good as or better than the show...

They usually are

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Onihei and ACCA and the rest of Fall 2016 for me

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Xinder posted:

getting the vibe that it might have part of what i wanted out of izetta

i hope it's better

I read the manga and it's not

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Which particular ways does it end up being bad in? I'm seeing a lot of potential points of failure here.

I only read a few chapters but I meant it won't be better than Izetta. It's boring to me is all. I guess specifically there's all this stuff going on with God being a major character that seems pretty superfluous to the premise? It's just another isekai ln adaptation so I think people should temper their expectations accordingly

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

It wasn't exploitative or anything, it's just that after 150 pages I didn't really care what was going on or where it was going to go

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Everything Burrito posted:

it's why I'm not interested

(that and military poo poo is boring af)

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The Colonel posted:

i'd watch a show about a magical girl shooting people with a tommy gun

not a grimdark one or, like, youjo senki though, just a regular magical girl show but with a tommy gun

You already watched cutey honey though

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Lol

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Malloc Voidstar posted:

I'm fine with an uninspired show if it has yuri overtones

You've got a lot to choose from then hahah

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Holy poo poo