Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Little Witch Academia, Youjo Sekai, Akiba's Trip, Super Lovers 2, and Idol Jihen

probably gonna drop a lot of them early on but this is what i'm gonna give a chance this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
lol the ed section is missing the clear above and beyond winner. gonna keep flip flap flip flapping past this awards thing

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

dogsicle posted:

it's my seasonal pick, so I'm gonna make the thread and ensure it dies in obscurity *looks over at Classicaloid*

i wish i enjoyed classicaloid

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
getting the vibe that it might have part of what i wanted out of izetta

i hope it's better

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

GorfZaplen posted:

I read the manga and it's not

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I've few things I care about this season and those I'm going in with low expectations. So far that's worked for me with Akiba's Trip which I'm already enjoying. I hope it'll continue working for me with Youjo Senki.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
my expectations were very low, and it didn't exactly exceed them by much. I might still drop it if it starts to creep me out more than make me laugh, which is not a possibility i'm discounting

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
the face of the secondary character in Youjo Senki bothers the poo poo out of me because she looks like she's drawn in a completely different style from just about every other character. Tanya also has that problem but to a much lesser extent I feel since I can more or less look past it with her.

other than that i enjoyed the first episode

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
drat i thought i read somewhere that netflix was actually going to simulcast lwa, but it looks like i got my hopes up for nothing. i should have known better anyways.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

they are simulcasting it in japan

:sigh: yeah

i tried to use a ~japanese netflix~ but apparently those ~things~ cost money these days

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Gabriel Dropout is hilarious and probably the only thing I'm going to bother keeping up with this season (besides March Comes in Like a Lion and maybe LWA if i can work up the effort to set it up for viewing with my friends every week)

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
i do dislike them.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
wowow

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
just caught up on acca. easily my favorite this season. it's so relaxing all the time, even when it's getting serious.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Oh are we doing this? Unlike last season I am not watching a lot. Much less caught my eye and even fewer got my interest to keep watching. Which is fine because free time is not exactly something I have a lot of.

Best
ACCA

Really good
March Comes in Like a Lion
Little Witch Academia

Good
Gabriel Dropout

Also slowly watching the second seasons of Cute High and Conrevo, both of which I'm really enjoying.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Nitrousoxide posted:

Is ACCA actually good? It's got the most generic pitch in its description and nothing about it seems to stand out at all.

Like I don't think anyone could write a less enticing description.

Why would you say it's worth checking out?

That description is more of a background exposition than actual description of what the show is.

It's very deliberately paced. I'd say that's the biggest strength. The characters are also just likable.

Honestly just watch the first episode. Either it'll click or it won't.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I'm not fully caught up on LWA, but it seems to me they made Sucy out to be much meaner in the series than in the OVAs. Which I'm not 100% happy with.

Yeah, I was all excited to see her in the show and when I did she acted less like someone who is giving some friendly teasing and more like an rear end in a top hat just loving with people and trying to get them killed.

Not too thrilled about that change.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

dogsicle posted:

from what i watched, the ninja was the funniest character entirely because the show made you think he was a method actor who got really into being a lovely ninja...until his super serious backstory revealing he was actually just a lovely ninja and conned into being an actor.

that was the last episode i watched before dropping it

it's a shame because it was really funny before they decided to be serious instead

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Guy Goodbody posted:

There's that series where high school boys who are the personifications of different types of rice work together to make rice more popular than bread.

Also like half a dozen big titty fantasy shows for some reason.

Go on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
acca was the best thing this season and i'll be shocked if it gets dethroned as aoty for me

• Locked thread