Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Nate RFB posted:

So Gainax got Konami'd? Just with maid cafes instead of pachinko? OK.

No? This sort of thing is fairly common, like that Kirby cafe Nintendo did recently. Plus Gainax is still making anime, they just lost a lot of their staff in previous years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

What does a boycott even mean here? You're not going to watch the show they aren't making based on merch you obvs weren't interested in to begin with?

?????

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

On that note, apparently Amazon prime is still lagging on making shows available in the US (not that they have much good, but).

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Not that I care much about popularity contests, but dang is that a small animation section.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

where's heybot

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/813985015541284864

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

That's for the second season, so you can start on the show now if you want.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

dogsicle posted:

I didn't know this was so unheard, given how much fuuka hate I've seen in adtrw

the female lead is killed by a truck

is it the one where she gets quickly replaced by a similar character? I might've heard of it a few years back then.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

quote:

Tatsunoko: Hints that Kenji Nakamura’s (Tsuritama, Gatchaman Crowds) new work should come out soon.

:toot:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Raenir Salazar posted:

on reddit people are using the b-word and I'm just baffled.

i'm not

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I'll give Sakura Quest a shot since I've liked the other PA Works stuff I've seen, though I can't really make any guesses based on the staff.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

for $5000 a month you can request one (1) prank be played on imaishi

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

it's one of those words people pick up from anime or online discussion and independently self-define, resulting in any number of contextual definitions ("cute", "anime I don't like", "the cute anime I don't like", etc) that make it uselessly nebulous in the west, so

Endorph posted:

moe doesn't exist, it's just a bullshit term for shows with female characters

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Darox posted:

I was under the impression that the definition of moe was almost equally nebulous in Japan, being a word otaku invented to describe particular characters they liked.

yeah nerd colloquialisms are always goofy but for us it was one delivered via "heard an anime character say it that one time in '06"

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/Sentaifilmworks/status/832288741238697985

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

from the depths of the dark abyss where the old mods receded, never to return, a voice echoes: "slice of life isn't real"

Motto fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Feb 19, 2017

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

yes but other genres don't have funny modposts that I can't be bothered to dig up

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Kemono Friends: the Flip Flappers of anime

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The Shinbo simulator inches ever closer to automating directing duties.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Tir McDohl posted:

Euphonium erasure is a real thing

RIP western viewcounts

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/kisechii/status/839511596535689217

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Magus Bride TV PV

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

lol

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I haven't kept up with LWA so I can't comment on the merit of individual episodes, but the style and epcount gave me the impression that it'd be largely episodic going in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Oh, that got ripped and subbed? Thanks for the heads up.

• Locked thread