Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
This past season was the first time I haven't watched an anime in two years.

This season, Konosuba is back! The best Adventure Fantasy anime where no adventure actually happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Magical Girl Militaries always confuse me. Like, they have flying/hover technology, but they still use these 1940's guns. Makes totes sense.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
I gotta say that I was afraid to give demi-chan a chance after the creepiness of the last "Monster Girls" show, but this one knocks it out of the park.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Konosuba isn't in the winter shows list (I checked earlier today), and there is no "coming up" thingie in the konosuba series page.

Crunchyroll is really bad about updating their information. The front page simulcasts don't get updated until 1-2 weeks after the start of a new season and half their future-season lineup don't get revealed until release day. Almost makes me wonder if they come down to the wire with negotiations, or if they just have a lazy webmaster.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Kytrarewn posted:

$5/mo for a library of 47 shows is pretty bad, too. If you want me to pay half of what I pay CR, especially on top of my Prime membership, give me half of CR's library.

It's atrocious. I bet some poor nerd guy did the math and figured it would be viable. And then Amazon shorts him a couple hundred thousand so all he gets is a few old animes and has to charge a monthly fee.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

dogsicle posted:

$5/mo you may or may not be paying on top of the $99/yr for a prime membership.

I mean I get why they charge on top of it, I save more than $99 a year in shipping costs through Prime. But if you're going to offer a new service, you better beat the market standard instead of offering an inferior product.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Fuuka has turned out to be a good romance series. There are some gratuitous scenes, but they're done in context of a high-school boy rather than slapstick 'I fell and you saw my panties x3' fanservice.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

dogsicle posted:

actually people should keep watching Fuuka and just post their reactions here in like seven episodes

I'm gonna do this. I'll avoid the manga too.

This isn't getting into extreme fanservice ecchi stuff is it? I'd prefer heartbreak and the feels.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

It would be more creepy if he were fine with it rather than going 'oh poo poo this wasn't a good idea'

This is anime thinking. In reality a teacher or regular human being wouldn't actually react to boobs being pressed up against them during a hug.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Endorph posted:

ive had a lot of boobs pressed up against me during hugs, and i disagree

i mean you wouldn't have an anime freak out but you'd have some kind of reaction, even if it's only in your head

I mean, I could understand if you're like 5'2” and you just faceplant into them whenever you hug.
Otherwise they just feel like part of the chest unless it's skin on skin or they're so huge that it forces an awkward hug.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
I'll tell you what's godamn good and that's Konosuba.

I really want a full fledged Konosuba RPG where you have to solve puzzles matching the different weaknesses/strengths and personalities of your teammates. The 2d one doesn't count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
My Trip Report so Far:

Maid Dragon - Feels like another gimmick slice of life comedy. Its cute and can be funny at times, but isn't exactly introducing anything new, other than the heroine being a programmer instead of a clueless male.

Konosuba - Characters are expressive as ever, this season suffers from running-down some well worn jokes like Darkness being a masochist. Still the best show of the season.

Tanya - I was skeptical of another magical girl world war anime, but was pleasantly surprised by the dark and adult overtones and not actually being a magical girl story. It's similar to GATE in the sense that it's all about setting up a conflict and then the MC's side absolutely destroying the opposition.

Fuka - eh, everyone kept mentioning this was going to hit me right in the feels, but it's been so passive that I really can't enjoy any of the characters.

Masamune - Good popcorn highschool Rom-Com that doesn't really tread new ground but is entertaining week after week.

Interviews with Monster Girls - interesting take in that it's about a dad-like figure trying to figure out the personalities of three different girls with a supernatural element attached. Not the most entertaining, but still unique. Definitely not like that other Monster-Girls show.

All in all a good season for me, last season was a massive dearth of original animes with interesting stories. Could also be because I dislike sports animes as much as I disliked Nickelodeon sports movies growing up.

• Locked thread