Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I had someone look at my linkedin page to try and burn me in some internet argument on facebook.

How many years I have in your industry doesn't affect newtons first law you dumbshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
at my last computer job, I got pulled off an upcoming project at literally the last minute because the client looked at my linkedin and wanted someone with more experience.

I left my job after 6 months having never been actually put to work for that reason.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
welcome to the new age of digital communication *flies people in and out every week to touch the computer in person*

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/cyberomin/status/835888786462625792

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I applied to be a fish tech, a forest tech, and a GIS tech last month. I might apply for the sensor tech position at the same place as GIS tech but their commitment to a prompt response on job applications so far has been disappointing.

edit: what do I do if they have a salary requested field in the application. I glassdoored it for the last submission and it basically was identical to my previous job so I put that in. what happens if I just put in zero and explain to talk to me about it.

moron izzard fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Feb 28, 2017

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Shoulda got a db query running on a microcomputer and brought it in

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Just found out my friend applied for the same job a month before me without any response, and it's been listed since July 2016. I'm just going to call them because this is dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
My journey trying to follow up with Quantum Spatial continues. All their main and aux offices phone menus redirect to the Lexington office if you want to talk directly to a human being. That person is not there at 11am, nor are they there at 2pm. I will try at 12pm I guess. Guy on my slack was unable to find any of his QS colleagues at the esri convention he was at. Maybe they all just disappeared at once in january?

edit: Margaret was also not there at noon.

moron izzard fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Mar 17, 2017

• Locked thread