Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax

Turnquiet posted:

you know what sucks? when you got another job lined up that was literally posted for you and the hiring manager reports to the dude who set it up for you and it will pay great figgies so you need to make sure you can pass a piss test and have to drop weed for tons of alcohol to make sure you can land it. weed has been a godsend and not drinking is cool and good

no computer touching job is worth the indignity of a piss test, much less having to actually give up weed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
the piss test. you're requesting a biological sample from my loving body. background checks just look at the same public information that everyone else does

unless you're talking about the lifestyle poly level of background check, that poo poo is hella invasive

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax

raminasi posted:

but i guess "hey jump through this stupid hr hoop" is beneath some elite upper echelon of computer touchers?

correct

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
interns are great because the ceo thinks they're free labor but actually they're a 3 month training burden that leaves for a real job as soon as they know anything!

probably a different story at bigcorps but that's how it went at my lovely startup, and it was a huge waste of time

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
if your resume is written in coherent english without formatting issues, and you're applying to smaller companies that aren't household names, they're probably excited to see you

• Locked thread