Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
in what sector do dolphins most often find employment as programmers?

fintech

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
what's up with interviewers who'll listen to a ten minute speech about composition over inheritance, then ask a dumb question like "what is a static method" and not make an offer

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
the answer is there's nobody within driving distance of my home who is qualified to be my supervisor so it's all remote from here on out

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
hell yeah

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

JewKiller 3000 posted:

Syntax error try again:

SELECT * FROM employees ORDER BY compensation DESC LIMIT 10

it was a microsoft exec tho

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Thanks Ants posted:

lol that companies think putting "pool table" as a benefit on a job listing isnt a huge red flag

look at our nerf guns

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Luigi Thirty posted:

good news: this local company with an office 10 minutes from my house wants to fill 12 positions of all experience levels with C# people and Angular people to build a new ecommerce platform and they pay $60k which is good for this area

bad news: it's a weight loss MLM operation

I'm morally conflicted here

don't work for an MLM company it's loving crazy; also find a remote job and immediately start making more money than that

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
i work remote and nobody ever uses the webcam, we just use our microphones during meetings
is this typical?

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

DuckConference posted:

to be fair Tumblr is probably the best language for writing modern microaggression services

holy poo poo

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
that's pretty much my dream bc i scored really well on SAT but nobody ever cared about it

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
sql is a relic from the 70s which is why you should use mongodb

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
can you imagine? a whole language just to get data, why not just use these library functions

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
it's hte library card metaphor where you can pick up a row of cards by alphabet or something? does anybody even use that
just partition your table or w/e

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
just put everything into an in-memory sqlite

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
z80 or something idk

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
im learning ot use emacs rn

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
your company (getting paid nothing to do stupid things) did not fit with my career goals (getting paid a lot to do interesting things)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
that's usually a winning interview strategy in my experience

• Locked thread