Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

you should try being an expert computer man than can also interface with humanoids effectively, highly recommended

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

also I kinda like the presentation as interview idea. at least then you can mostly control the interview instead of watching them type notes into their structured candidate feedback template on confluence

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

misses phone screen

"hold up. this guys good"

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

amazon recruiters keep emailing now that I have two ex coworkers there, and I immediately delete the emails without reading them as is proper

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

next time I interview someone I, gong to give them a fully solved algorithm and ask them to introduce the subtlest bug they possibly can

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

sometimes I even fantasize about quitting jobs I like

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

Hi dip poo poo,

Thank you for putting up with my corny joke. I hope that brought a little laughter to your day. I am a Technical Leadership Recruiter within Amazon and came across your profile in my network. I partner with engineering teams across Amazon’s Senior Engineering community and we are seeking leaders to own and author software design and architecture, while mentoring and developing other talented engineers in our Detroit office.

It would be great to connect and find out more about you and your work and career goals. We offer full relocation support from anywhere in the U.S. and Canada. Would you be interested in engineering leadership opportunities at Amazon’s Detroit office?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

I hope you get the apple job and escape from mumps

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

Symbolic Butt posted:

I'm a weird case, I don't have a degree (failed math major) but I feel like I got way more solid theory compared to my peers. Mostly from doing online courses like algorithms on coursera. But those rarely helped me much in practice other than boosting my ego.

And then I think about the 3 best programmers that I worked with and they don't have a degree or really much of a solid background. And they're still way above me and anyone else I met. That's my anecdotal experience and why I'm behind forums user Shadowhawk on this, thanks for reading.

well are they all white guys or not

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

um please don't torpedo a job at apple over some salary negotiation

like wtf, most terrible programmers would suck off a dog

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

why don't you just post the offer

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

goddamnit I think I might start interviewing

gently caress interviewing

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

better luck next time

Perhaps you have dodged the bullet by... not getting a job that requires C++?

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

I submitted my piss to get mad figs and I’d do it again

I was sure I’d fail so I told my new employer I was taking two weeks vacation and couldn’t piss until after and they were like yeah whatever

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

time to leave

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

digital nomads man

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

have you ever committed from the countryside

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

I have an extreme fear of timed coding exercises and I think I have to do one for a new job I really want. stayed up all night trying to solve some dumb simple array exercise in constant space and I just choke and choke and choke gently caress me

• Locked thread