Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qntm
Jun 17, 2009

St Evan Echoes posted:

here is my experience of interviewing with citi

walk through room of >100 ppl silently typing away, literally no-one is talking at all
walks through another identical and also silent room
walks through a third identical and yet again silent room
finally make it to the interview room
"are you familiar with fizzbuzz"

quiet working environment, nice
not testing fizzbuzz until you were physically present in the office is a red flag though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Gazpacho posted:

btw those amazon proctoring rules seem p reasonable to me, the guy who wrote the page has an attitude that tends to prolong unemployment

handing control of your computer to a third party by installing their software on it seems reasonable to you?

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
if you're innocent you have nothing to hide

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
"because it's twice 32,768"

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

lancemantis posted:

I'm waiting for the day i get some random algebraic topology question

or like "how would you determine whether two graphs are the same"

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
what is an FAE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
it should not be necessary to grok the full architecture and design of a big system before productively committing code

• Locked thread