Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Diva Cupcake posted:

i mean just go be a librarian then or something.

why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

gonadic io posted:

It's traditional to print letters of resignation from work printers right?

COO at lastjob did

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i was never big on weed so i don't really give a poo poo. sure, i'll drive out and piss into a jar this afternoon, see you tomorrow.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

hobbesmaster posted:

if you aren't subject to a drug test it's because your company doesn't make any real products at your facility :colbert:

yeah we got forklifts and big trucks and poo poo where i work, it's pretty understandable they don't want anyone wandering out into the warehouse while high.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Mister Sinewave posted:

Had a new guy at the office when some fancy drink pod machine gets installed. Everyone loves the hazelnut caramel or whatever it was.

A week or so later the office IM is lighting up like "hey where are all the hazelnut caramel pods?"

New guy: if you want some come see me ;) ;) ;) ;)

Thinking WTF I go over to see the new guy, and he has literally taken EVERY SINGLE ONE of the pods and filled his bottom desk drawer with them. Had an earnest chat with the guy and he apparently loves them too and didn't want to risk going without and they're free aren't they so he just helped himself to every single one of them. But there's no problem because if someone wants one he'll do them a solid and give them one if, just come see him right?!?!?!?

loving only child is my guess

e: testing whether you're a culture fit for the office should consist of role playing that scenario or something like it

i'm an only child and i don't even like taking the last item of food, that guy's just a dumbass shitlord

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

in places like korea where they do this companies still have some understanding that they are part of a social structure, and that perhaps that structure puts obligations on them to provide things to people further down the structure which will ultimately benefit the company (as well as reinforcing the hierarchical nature of the social structure). i don' think you'd find a single person at google who thought they had that sort of obligation.

yeah but with all the other stuff i've heard over the years about how goog tries to provide college campus-like amenities, i'm surprised they haven't just tilted straight over into building actual dormitories and promoting it as "now you can ~~*~collaborate~*~~ w/ your coworkers in the evenings when you have a cool idea about work! also hey just come downstairs to the cafeteria for food, no need to have to deal w/ kitchens or spend so much money on takeout! ;)"

seriously it wouldn't be about "being part of the social structure" it'd just be a naked grab for extracting more labor via "why would you ever leave work? work is cool. work is life. it's just like you never left college!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
thread's haunted. rip in pizza zen death (ghost)robot

• Locked thread