Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

lol at needing 4500-7500 hours of pm work to be a pmp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

Elysiume posted:

a dev that is productive as 10 normal devs put together

katamari developer

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

I have an interview tomorrow and I definitely don't have any clothes to interview in.

walk in naked and say it's alpha to dress as caveman did and the vulnerability to attack spikes ur adrenaline and makes you a 10x dev

naked and a dev

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

there was a poster here I think in the bwm thread who was some sort of investigator who went to interview somebody under suspicion of double dipping (but no details about what or where) and the guy said he was too busy working at $otheremployer to talk to the guy

he didn't have that problem for long

gotta watch your hours and ur contract even if you are an ic

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

big scary monsters posted:

but making professor by 30 is starting to look less and less reasonable...

ahahaha

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

big scary monsters posted:

the academia as a pyramid scheme thing rings far too true

from the BWM thread:

pathetic little tramp posted:

My phone doesn't take the best pictures in low light and I'm not great at taking photos anyway so some of these may be a little grainy before I figured out turning on the flash really helps, but they're readable.

Just wait till we're diamond is the story of Reed, a poor little demon-faced child with a head the size of a watermelon, thinking back on her life till now as she sleeps in a hotel suite on the eve of her parents' diamondising. It hits quite a few little MLM tropes, I think my favourite drawing is the one of her parents having no will to live as they look at all those fukken bills

A

B

C

D

E

F

1A

1B

edit: I liked the circles on a blackboard drawing so I went back and took another photo to do it justice.

1C

1D

then a few weeks later:

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

Bloody posted:

I buy options opposite any stock picks my friends brag about because I am confident they will somehow underperform relative to blind luck and well I've made dollars this way

checks out, they are friends with you so they clearly have poo poo judgement

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

Sapozhnik posted:

Be like Valve where nobody has a job title :smug:

no titles, lots of hats

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

The Management posted:

ask him if they have one of those test chambers with a giant turbine in it because throwing yourself into that sounds better than what he's offering

theyre waiting for u gordin, in the all-hands scrum

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

JewKiller 3000 posted:

name and shame

something heavily regulated or public sector in a bad state

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

Bloody posted:

parking: exactly as important as treating women like people

more; everyone can own a car but not everyone identifies as a woman

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

carry on then posted:

lmao if your deploy is anything more than uploading packaged binaries to a repository

lol granny deployin

shippin binaries instead of prs to ci/cd-integrated build repos like your supposed to

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

ShadowHawk posted:

Work wants to send me on a 3 day reward trip to Costa Rica and I don't want to go cause my girlfriend can't get time off and even if she could I'd have to pay her way.

Whoever propagates this idea that cash rewards are inferior to visceral experiences can gently caress right off.

go down and get some strange on the beach

also ur girlfriend doesnt have to spend three days with you

win-win

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

Cocoa Crispies posted:

they're jammed in above the fore galley/lavs usually, where there's space that's being used for overhead bins in the rest of the fuselage

on some of the newer wide bodies there's space in the crown above the bins or under the cockpit

iirc boeing pitched selling tickets for long haul flights to customers up there in the 787 but no airliners went for it

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

DuckConference posted:

to be fair Tumblr is probably the best language for writing modern microaggression services

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

cis autodrag posted:

im also not stupid and im not going to blow out my colon with potentially extreme spices in an unfamiliar place before 10 hours of flights and airports. i have never poo poo on a plane and i don't intend to start now.

making GBS threads on airplanes is great you get to take your pants off at 35000 ft, its like science fiction

also you make the flight a little bit worse for everybody else, its like dystopian science fiction

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

yo

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

cis autodrag posted:

yeah im p sure you have to renounce your other citizenship and select a japanese name to become a japanese citizen.

not according to the vapors!!!

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

cis autodrag posted:

i accepted the offer.

:yotj:

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

just lol if u dont have a network that can get u a job

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

scsi is a bus god drat it

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

The Management posted:

no more than 11

don't forget the dozen helicopter/harrier carriers also

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

the first day you drive in boston is terrifying because anyone can do anything at any time
the second day you drive in boston is great because you can do anything at any time

the first day i drove in boston i saw somebody do a u turn on a four lane road from the right hand lane at a red light with a police car in the left hand lane into oncoming traffic

the cop didnt care

so many dunkins tho

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

'nerd poo poo'

describe what I do at work also where I do my yosposting

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

also my yosposting, minus the nerd

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

qhat posted:

Nothing wrong with holding on to employer's stock, I mean, you're in probably the best possible position to have a feel whether or not your company is doing well or not. Just don't liquidate on some obviously insider poo poo, lol.

lolno

enron

your income and your savings tied to the health of ur company

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

C.H.O.M.E posted:

if your open office or cube farm doesn't at least have a few one-person "phone booth" type rooms where you can go for a personal or confidential call then you are in a poorly thought out workplace.

my favorite 'private call room' was when the planners put one in a part of a building that had no cell service, no office phone, and mediocre wifi

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

JawnV6 posted:

my last bigco did a giant study and found that the average project was split across 6 sites, one team was breathless with how productive they were when folks working on the same code were moved to one aisle instead of being split by timezones

they also had planes to shuttle folks around, like i could get from my sacramento office to portland with just my employee badge

pro: free low friction way out of sacramento
con: to portland lol

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

maskenfreiheit posted:

i found this exchange on hn

if the recruiter say put 'unix' on your resume and you cant put 'unix' on your resume maybe life at facebook is not for you

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

Ploft-shell crab posted:

if you can't read, maybe posting is not for you? he put 'UNIX' in the second version

he's 100% correct he had the experience they wanted & did his best to explain to this to the recruiter who was apparently denser than concrete

if u cant avoid well, actuallying a recruiter maybe u fail the first test

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

one of the generational sf locals who used to post here used be very anti-tech gentrifcation was also anti-googdorm

like, give them mv as a containment area and you wont have five thousand of them of them buying group houses in oakland every day

in my (liberal, non-california town) there was a recent property tax increase which prompted calls to take the franchise away from students and non-landowners

• Locked thread