Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I would love to read about someone who did some gimmicky poo poo like a sheet cake resignation letter and got their new offer retracted as the result of being a smarmy jackass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

hey do you guys have good resources for getting better at technical interviews? I have a friend who's a good developer but gets choked/flustered during interviews

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

leper khan posted:

it's an orthogonal skill.

so do more interviews, practice problems, etc. it's a pretty garbage system.

taking a theatre/acting class should help with the nerves, or at least projecting it.
she has done plenty of "practice" interviews but when it's a good job her nerves get the better of her

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

yeah it's weird for how expensive the uk is you'd think the pay would be better

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

oh and don't get me started on poo poo pubs with poo poo beer for poo poo prices
I'll never understand why in a country with a decent brewing tradition everyone in london insists on drinking staraprova or kronenburg [and paying 4 squids for the privilege]

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Boiled Water posted:

why don't goo.gl just build apartments for their peons?

because the city of mountain view won't let them

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

JawnV6 posted:

didn't MV relent only to have goog threaten to yank the proposal unless they get more offices? like within the past week?

yeah but this has been like a decade-long fight, I think they were only close to a deal because google promised them all sorts of stuff

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Boiled Water posted:

They're god drat google why don't they just push their leverage around? Take out the massive cock, swing it about and into the face of mountain view.

silicon valley nimbys have infinite lawyer money

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

they should have let goog build a bunch of tiny studios/dorm style housing because a) young people don't vote and b) they'll have to move if they want to have kids [increased school-age population terrifies these fuckers to death because Good Schools* is a huge part of their inflated property values]

*yes, this means exactly what you're afraid it might

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Turnquiet posted:

we are 6 weeks into the process for the new gig i have lined up and i get an email saying that because they switched from taleo to workday i now have to recreate a profile and reapply to the posting online for that role. i hope it is just some hr onboarding bullshit and not a reset to 0 because uuuuuggggggghh

corporate talent acquisition is some bullshit

I interviewed at workday, not with that group but I was like "I have some notes for you guys" because apparently sending 1000 nearly identical emails is the best way to handle any task

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

anyone been through linkedin's recruiting process for devs?

• Locked thread