Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

ThePeavstenator posted:

Java, C, and C++ are my strongest languages. How likely is it that an employer would say that's good enough for an entry-level C# gig?

You'll probably do fine, just look up the basic data structures in C#s standard library because some of them behave a bit differently from Java, especially anything hash related.

If you need something to prove that you can write C#, it's insanely easy to knock out an app in winforms in a day. I wrote an internal utility that way that epics tech comm team still uses to this day. Just think of some thing you've done in one of your main languages, knock it out in c# and push it to your github. Viola, or you can confidently put c# on your resume.

Just don't imply you know any of the various asp.net platforms unless you actually study up first because there's plenty of weird pitfalls and differences between them that a jerk interviewer would try to trip you up with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

ultravoices posted:

your puppies would have to go to dog jail unless you meet fairly strict requirements

Man, brexit really was all about hating immigrants huh

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

jre posted:

Can't wait to hear this

it's like crazy off topic so you can pm me if you're actually interested, but tl;dr is that nhs goes way too far with gatekeeping and the criteria that actually allow you to receive treatment are pretty outdated causing a lot of people who don't fit a particular stereotype to be denied treatment. we've heard multiple horror stories from uk goons over in the trans thread.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

jre posted:

As opposed to the completely free universally available treatment in the states ?

what a completely idiotic response to what i just said.

me: "think x has problems"
you: "thing y has completely different problems"

if you're interested in an actual discussion on the matter please go to TGRS and ask in the trans thread, otherwise gently caress off back to the disingenuous cave.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

it's for an internship with the Mass Storage EPM and Engineering team. I'm not sure what an EPM internship can accomplish over a short summer availability window, but that's one of my questions for them

the first round, in-person interview I had a week or so ago went pretty well, I think

epms don't do anything so...

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

jre posted:

Wow "only" 400-500k for a 2 hour commute to work. Wow you're right people are totally overstating this :ughh:

In the bay ppl pay 3mill for a 2 hour commute lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

i put a still picture of me speaking at a vendor thing and it easily tripled my views as well. public speaking! (even though I sound like a more monotone bert from sesame street)

that is a normal goon voice so don't worry

• Locked thread