Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

true story

interviewer: what kind of work environment are you most successful in?

me: i think i perform best on projects with rapid turnaround where i can quickly get feedback on the results of my work

interviewer: son this is a FDA-regulated medical implant company

me (internally): :shrek:

(did not get called back)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

jony neuemonic posted:

i have an interview tomorrow. :yotj:

good luck!

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

Rex-Goliath posted:

I never considered this before but is this an h1b strategy? Make the offers so horrendous that no one in their right mind even applies so they can just shrug their shoulders all 'WELP GUESS THERE'S NO ONE AVAILABLE!!'

it looks like the strategy some departments/divisions use when they already have somebody picked out for a position but HR makes them put out an actual posting, do interviews, etc so they're in compliance with whatever internal hiring process, so they just tailor the requirements to exclude everyone but the person or category they already have in mind. so yeah that's probably it.

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

at my last internship (and the one before that) i had my own actual office with a door

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

one of my co-interns was set up in a lone cubicle in a former reception lobby. worst of both worlds imo.

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

a bird in the hand is probably a big mess

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

just give them a
pre:
:thumbsup:

i did this over the table post-interview at a career fair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

did not get called back though

on a separate occasion during an interview for some robotics company, one of their questions was (two-parter) A) how would you find out how many ping-pong balls could fit inside a milk jug, and B) if you had to guess right now what would you estimate. didn't get that job either.

• Locked thread