Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

i am probably interviewing some people in the near future please send help
whoever we hire will be our first expert in <their very specific field> . how do i interview people that, ideally, know dramatically more than me about the topic?

also how do i interview people in general lol. apparently we have some interviewer training thing but i dont trust that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

your 401k stays wherever it is. its up to you if you wanna move it

contributions will stop happening to it but it'll keep on keepin on

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

FrozenVent posted:

lol @ anyone who budgets their bonus

"oh I'm gonna use my bonus to pay off xyz"

congrats idiot you just jinxed it, nobody gets bonuses this year

im gonna use my bonus to buy more shares of a vanguard fund

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

ShadowHawk posted:

Because the harder they make the process the longer they get to "manage" your money and steal 2% of it a year in fees.

right but why doesnt vanguard have a trivial system set up where i can be like "hey ive got poo poo in this fidelity account, get it out of there and manage it" why do i gotta get a goddamn physical check n poo poo lmao what is this the 70s

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

KidDynamite posted:

When I asked about runway during an initial chat with a startup they answered by saying can't say exacts because we need you to sign an nda but we just signed a 5 year lease and money is no object. That's a bad sign, right?

if money is no object then they can give you a dumptruck full of it. thats a good sign imo

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

lol if youre incapable of putting on a suit every once in a while

do you also show up to your interview smelling like cheese or do you manage to shower on those days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

cis autodrag posted:

Other than struggling with an open floorplan office my stress has gone away. I worked out and worked on my novel for the first time in ages tonight. Thospos.

woot

• Locked thread