Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

My friend is an eloquent speaker.

anybody fishing for director+ level positions? this is some bullshit, especially when people post roles for identity and access management asking for 10+ years of experience when saml has only been finalized for ~12, and god's own oauth with openid connect has only been launched in the last 2.5. sheeeit, i was in the room when we started talking fastfed. ffs.

and thanks to the goon who posted this - http://www.boomertechnologygroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/2017SalaryGuide_Tech.pdf - this is great. run through the calcs for variance for region when you start negotiations. or use it to fight with hr as to why you need more money.

stack paper erryday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

i spoke w/ the ciso for an org that is doing the same "digital transformation" that every other enterprise is doing. i was referred to the role from a former employee of mine, and the recruiter was telling me how excited the ciso was to get someone into the role who really knows iam, speaks at conferences, participates in standards bodies, etc. seems like it would be a reasonable next step.

turns out she wants someone to put out a compliance fire fast (that's fine), but that's it. no thoughts on how to use customer identity to drive business, improving the enrollment, authn/authz touchpoints for staff and customers, etc. and as for setting the vision of iam in the enterprise she wants the director of iam to build and execute a 3 year roadmap that gets them current- but she already has years 1 and 2 outlined for me.

doing extra curricular work in the industry is "serving two masters" and if i want to keep relevant in the field then "this role may not be for you if you want to do great things, we just want someone to get us moving"

like, jeez, of course a the "getting things fixed" is a necessary step on the way to future identity poo poo.

ffs. don't seek out "people with vision and passion" and then say you just want a company drone who will stand up the same iam system he deployed in his previous role based on... because people who set "the vision" and execute all love taking lateral positions to do the same thing over and over again anyway.

what a waste of time.

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

also, they would want me to relocate to atlanta :lol:

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

you know what sucks? when you got another job lined up that was literally posted for you and the hiring manager reports to the dude who set it up for you and it will pay great figgies so you need to make sure you can pass a piss test and have to drop weed for tons of alcohol to make sure you can land it. weed has been a godsend and not drinking is cool and good

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

good point maybe i should figure out why i think i need these things in my life and work on adjusting that instead of resenting needing to go without for a time.

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

ratbert90 posted:

I don't think I have had to take a piss test for the last 11 years. Or when I started being paid to program for a living.

I just assumed most jobs above 60k a year didn't require a piss test. :shrug:

current gig was the first that ever did a drug test as part of onboarding, and i assume next gig probably would do the same (east coast), but its just a one and done onboarding thing in my experience. lol working at someplace that would rescreen after employment for computer touching.

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

ShadowHawk posted:

do people with a marijuana prescription for a recognized disability get success on ADA complaints about generalized drug tests?

no because red state shitbirds apply federalism/states rights in whatever way ensures they harm poors, minorities, or other undesirables.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

we are 6 weeks into the process for the new gig i have lined up and i get an email saying that because they switched from taleo to workday i now have to recreate a profile and reapply to the posting online for that role. i hope it is just some hr onboarding bullshit and not a reset to 0 because uuuuuggggggghh

corporate talent acquisition is some bullshit

• Locked thread