Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Elysiume posted:

holy lmao
imagine trying to hire someone without knowing all of their eye movements during the exam. how could you possibly vet candidates without that information

One of the people that came to talk to our ~Data Science~ meetup was from a company who did analytics like this--basically apply online to a job, it keeps track of everything from keyboard cadence to number of edits and times spent editing each question.

They claimed they did it primarily for general nurses in standard hospitals and they were able to reduce nurse churn (leaving for other hospitals) by a large percentage so if that's the only metric you care about apparently it can work!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Dijkstracula posted:

- hipster newsql database startup that was literally described to me as "a loving rocket ship to kickass mountain" asked me what 2^16 and 2^32 was

- take home project that was "implement literally our primary product in four hours" upon which the engineer ripped it apart over the phone and accused me of name-dropping concepts that I'd given talks at conferences about

LOL

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
don't you do embedded computer touching? is that what you still want to do

mishaq posted:

but actually don't because it's terrible here

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Going to do some informational interviews next week since wife and I are considering moving regions again--hope I can take most of my figgies with me :ohdear:

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

:staredog: I just got a recruiter email through Facebook.

this is like getting "Happy Birthday" from random people on LinkedIn. They need to figure out what they want to be

• Locked thread