Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

you sound talented, not sure why you're getting stuck with all this poo poo. are you willing to relocate or just looking in a small area?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

lancemantis posted:

plz post them

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

I don't understand how people like that ever get a job, let alone stay hired

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Smythe posted:

running is good

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

gross

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

hmm I have to dry clean my suit daily, but these sick cardio gains make it worth not having to undress in the men's locker room

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

1.5 to 3 years, maybe less if you network well and/or are practicing for interviews so you can come across as non-junior

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

you're fine

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

someone please slap a pair of these golden 'cuffs on my frail developer wrists

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

glad i took a long position mome

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

LinYutang posted:

I saw a job application that required five years of experience in React.JS 👍

lmao

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

I was unexpectedly pulled into a quasi-interview today by my director regarding our teams lead position. that was cool, even though it caught me way off guard. this would be the first time in my career where I got a promotion and non-trivial raise without having to ask or change jobs. *knock wood*

also, if anyone wants to work in Utah county, Utah (lol), text me

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

If you like everything else about it, I say go for it. it's not a smart decision on their part but there's worse things to work in than react and if they're smart, they'll learn from their mistake and course correct in 2-4 years, giving you an opportunity to do something else

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

PCjr sidecar posted:

theyre waiting for u gordin, in the all-hands scrum

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

3 of the 4 places I've worked drug tested. seems somewhat standard nowadays if you're working anything government or financial related

on an unrelated note, got my annual review status, which was "killin' it" for both productivity and attitude. this translates to a better title and a "2, maybe 3% raise." that's real hosed up, right?

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

*scribbles note to self*: bad culture fit

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

qhat posted:

I don't think I've ever been to a programming job interview where I didn't have to do programming in some form.

I've had one interview like this. I even asked them near the end if that was typical for their interviews, which it was, but they assured me that it has worked well for them. i took the job anyway, because I'm a moron, and they offered figgies.

that place was a clown show in almost every regard

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

I think it's mostly just trying to quickly filter out the absolutely terrible candidates and then try to gather if they're someone you'd want to spend 8 hours a day with. everything beyond that is just unanswered prayers that they'll work out once hired

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

ShadowHawk posted:

At least complain about your pay

This is the nicest thing you can do for your former co-workers.

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

what kind of changes have you seen made? not being snarky

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

thank you for taking the time to respond. it sounds like not a bad place to be nowadays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

gonadic io posted:

i handed over the notice letter during the discussion and was immediately asked to email it out instead

nice!

• Locked thread