Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

Plank Walker posted:

how do you deal with providing professional references when trying to leave your first job in the industry when there's been literally 0 turnover at your company? my employment history after college is working part-time for 6 years, lucking into a job, and being p dece for 4 years. got an interview next week but they just sent me a web form to fill out with 4 required "professional reference" fields.

i got an upcoming phone call the day before the interview and need to know what my outs are here

do you have a few coworkers you get on OK with? Ask them first if they'll be a reference, and then put them down. It's basically admitting that you're job-hunting, but if you treat it like it's a secret then they probably will too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread