Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

I love LinkedIn, every week I get a different headhunter contacting me about a JavaScript full stack developer position i.e. something I don't mention anywhere in my profile and have no interest in doing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

JawnV6 posted:

the best raise deferral bs is "we expect you to be executing _at_ the new level before the title/pay is awarded"

I was offered a "lead" position exactly like this. assume the tasks and responsibilities immediately, the title and raise will be evaluated in the next performance review like 9 months later. I'm on my way out anyways so NOPE

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

I found it, literal interview hell. After the usual phone, HR and technical interview gauntlet they want me to do a 6-hour pen & paper aptitude test and psych evaluation

Is this common, or is it just because the company is old as balls

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Get a AWS account, learn to do A Thing. You're now devops

Why is it so hard to find them? Or is it just the senior part that's hard

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Interview hell final report: 4 weeks, 4 companies, 9ish interviews (can't remember it's all a blur now). Dropped out of one after first interview (total garbage fire). Timed coding test, whiteboarding, aptitude test (with a literal IQ test), all forms of misery. Two offers, took the one with slightly less figgies but much more interesting domain/company/product.

What a lovely loving month, I lust for death.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

lancemantis posted:

I thought iq testing for employment was illegal, hence all the proxy iq testing?

Then again maybe it's not because America

It was done at a external consultancy, and phrased as a "logical deduction test", but it was pretty much 1:1 the same type of test Mensa does. Even some of the symbols were the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Gave notice two weeks ago, followed by meetings with manager, manager's manager and manager's manager's manager in quick succession, all "trying to understand" why I'm leaving

How could it have been a surprise you motherfuckers, the company does literally nothing to keep non-management people happy and committed

• Locked thread