Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Instead of a week vacation for every Tyreek Hill TD, PB should be forced to watch this game and Alex Smith highlights during commercials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
This is going to be my last Niners home game. :allears:

Actually, I have a seat for it, if anybody wants to come laugh with a goon.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

rjmccall posted:

This is going to be my last Niners home game. :allears:

Actually, I have a seat for it, if anybody wants to come laugh with a goon.

Sure, how much?

Edit
I was waiting at my phone, hoping rjmccall would reply "free, I'll PM you" because I'm so witty and I wanted to be like, "I meant how much will you pay me.:colbert:" but now it is getting too late and I have to go to sleep, and I don't want some other goon to not take him up on his offer. Have fun at the game, hope you guys don't win (so you can get the #1 pick, it would own if you poo poo housed the Jets). Also I hope someone goes with you. I'm still bummed I missed out last time.

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Dec 6, 2016

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

shooooooook

https://twitter.com/ConorOrr/status/805996639055912960

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Chichevache posted:

Sure, how much?

Edit
I was waiting at my phone, hoping rjmccall would reply "free, I'll PM you" because I'm so witty and I wanted to be like, "I meant how much will you pay me.:colbert:" but now it is getting too late and I have to go to sleep, and I don't want some other goon to not take him up on his offer. Have fun at the game, hope you guys don't win (so you can get the #1 pick, it would own if you poo poo housed the Jets). Also I hope someone goes with you. I'm still bummed I missed out last time.

free, I'll PM you

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

we have to continue talking about this photo of Dwayne Bowe.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

what a handsome family

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dwayne Bowe needs better socks. Or. it use shorts.

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

Dwayne Bowe owns a strip club in detroit?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

If I'm using this contraption right, Go The Following Teams!:
Raiders
Chargers
Cardinals
Titans
Patriots

Because I want the Chargers to stay mathematically still in it when they play the Raiders week 15, so I don't feel cheated by how much I payed for tickets to that game.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chichevache posted:

From the last N/V, but I'd be remiss if I didn't call Fiz out for this.

Fiz, are you really throwing shade on Dwayne Bowe for owning a strip club and marrying a dancer? You know your QB did the same thing, and then named his loving kid "Chosen", right?

And i hope we get to see the picture of Chosen standing between his dad in an intentionally torn shirt and his mother 8 months pregnant in lingerie and stripper heels, standing in front of a double throne with the next kid's name in giant baby blocks behind them.

Until then, this'll do.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

i thought last week's niners game was it

nope

football hell~~~~~~~~~~~~~

how about that, all three night games look promising for once

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chargers @ panthers this week.

Only notable because if you told me either head coach would be with the other team next season I'd believe it.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

the bar this game needs to clear is pretty low

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Late to the discussion but if the bills are going to trash a league average QB on a cheap deal because he's not Philip Rivers they're loving stupid and deserve everything they'll get with Cardale Jones playing school

+1

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I'm sure God is up there thinking "you know what? Today I'm gonna answer X-Tina's prayers. She don't want no scrubs"

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Oh to have Jeff Fisher's total lack of self awareness.

https://twitter.com/thejackwang/status/805945464478543872

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Speaking of, Quick Reads is good if you want to read about the Rams punting, also: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2016/week-13-quick-reads

quote:

31. Colin Kaepernick: OK, here we go. First of all, you're probably wondering why this didn't finish lower -- forget being one of the worst games of all time, it wasn't even the worst game of the week? Well, remember that DYAR is a counting stat, and Kaepernick still managed more negative DYAR in ten plays than Carson Wentz had in 61. Now, let's talk about those sacks. Five sacks in a game is bad, but hardly historic. Ben Roethlisberger has been sacked five times in a game 24 times in his career; Alex Smith, 21; Aaron Rodgers, 18; and Ryan Tannehill, 14 in less than five seasons. All of the hundreds of prior five-sack games in league history, though, happened to quarterbacks who threw at least three more passes than Kaepernick, with at least two more completions, for at least 13 more yards gained. Between sacks and his one completion, Kaepernick finished with minus-22 net yards passing, which is actually not a record -- we can't say for sure what the record is, but we do know that in the season opener in 2000, Troy Aikman (of all people) went 0-for-5 with four sacks and 30 yards lost. Aikman also threw an interception, which Kaepernick managed to avoid. On the other hand, one of Kaepernick's sacks ended in a fumble. Anyway, perhaps DVOA will do a better job than DYAR of saying just how bad Kaepernick was against Chicago. His overall passing DVOA was -198.8%. That includes a -279.8% DVOA on his five sacks; a -120.0% DVOA on his four incompletions; and a -117.2% DVOA on his one completion, a 4-yard gain on third-and-8.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Qwijib0 posted:

the bar this game needs to clear is pretty low

they ignored tebow like they ignored hackenberg

like they have bad foresight in acquiring qb's

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

fsif posted:

Oh to have Jeff Fisher's total lack of self awareness.

https://twitter.com/thejackwang/status/805945464478543872
This is actually kind of funny if he's being ironic.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

This is actually kind of funny if he's being ironic.

Quick Reads talks about it for way too long:

quote:

Of the 31 punters with at least 30 punts this season, Hekker is just seventh with a gross average of 47.5 yards. However, he leads the NFL with a net average of 45.8 yards. He is also first with 40 punts downed inside the 20, nine more than any other player. True, that's partly because of opportunity -- Hekker is tied with San Francisco's Bradley Pinion with a league-high 72 punts. Hekker is still on top after adjusting for that, though. All told, 56 percent of his punts this year have been downed inside the 20. Carolina's Andy Lee is the only other punter who is even at 50 percent. (In last, place, coincidentally, is Pinion, at 26 percent.) And only one of Hekker's punts has resulted in a touchback, a rate of 1.4 percent. Pat McAfee, the league leader in gross average at 50.1 yards, has seen a league-worst 19.0 percent of his kicks result in touchbacks. Hekker has also been the beneficiary of outstanding coverage units that have allowed only 101 punt return yards all season. With so few touchbacks or punt returns, Hekker's net average is only 1.7 yards lower than his gross, which is again the best figure in the league.

Hekker's brilliance goes beyond just what he has done this year though. NFL.com has detailed punter statistics back to 1991, and among all qualified players (30 punts in 2016, 40 punts in all full seasons) in those 25 years, Hekker in 2016 has the best net average, best difference between gross and net average, and best percentage of punts downed inside the 20, while finishing in the top 10 in lowest touchback rate. His 40:1 ratio of inside-the-20 punts:touchbacks would be second on record behind Sav Rocca, who had 26 punts downed inside the 20 with zero touchbacks with Washington in 2013. Barring an epic December collapse, each of Hekker's last four seasons will be among the top 15 on record in net average.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Kalli posted:

Speaking of, Quick Reads is good if you want to read about the Rams punting, also: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2016/week-13-quick-reads

good andey

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/Super_G_Chiefs/status/806150760966877184
https://twitter.com/frothymouth/status/806150788527640576

gently caress oakland

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

McKnight's killer finally arrested, charged with manslaughter

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

nice

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

Bahahahahahaha

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Ryan Fitzpatrick has kind of turned into a big baby bitch this season.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Thaddius the Large posted:

Getting legit PTSD flashbacks, I can't think about him without picturing Gendo's "Clean pocket/Clear passing lane/Wide open receiver/Pass intended for a giraffe/God is dead" gif that I'm super sad I lost.

Related:

There were also others. :laugh:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Ryan Fitzpatrick has kind of turned into a big baby bitch this season.
He is. They should honestly just release him today because he serves no other purpose on the team.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

N: This is the first week since Week 3 where no teams are on a bye
V: Jets are poopy

Actually there were no byes Thanksgiving week. :eng101:

Jets are still poopy.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Well dang, I stand corrected.

pee pee
doo doo
jets are bad

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I am glad there is finally a team(s) worse than the Titans.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Kalli posted:

I wonder if Kaep's game was worse than the Titans combined production in the snow game in NE

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Late to the discussion but if the bills are going to trash a league average QB on a cheap deal because he's not Philip Rivers they're loving stupid and deserve everything they'll get with Cardale Jones playing school
Let's not forget all the injuries. We're starting replacement-level(at best) players at C, RT, and WR, either due to injuries, lack of depth, or both. Sammy Watkins has been hurt all year, Robert Woods and Marquise Goodwin have both missed significant time, and Justin Hunter has started games at wide receiver. A wide receiver too lovely to make the Titans is starting for us.
What I'm saying is that Tyrod's been playing fairly well despite a dearth of targets in the passing game and some shoddy offensive linemen.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Intruder posted:

I wonder if Kaep's game was worse than the Titans combined production in the snow game in NE

Titans: 2/14, -7 yards, 1 int, 0 sacks, 5 rushes -2 yards. 3 fumbles 0 lost
Kaep: 1/5, 4 yards, 0 ints, 5 sacks, -25 yards, 6 rushes, 20 yards, 1 fumble, 0 lost.

So -9 yards, 1 int, 3 fumbles vs -1 yard, 0 ints, 1 fumble.

So I guess the Titans, but jesus christ Kaep.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

He is. They should honestly just release him today because he serves no other purpose on the team.

At least he's trying. They should release the guys who don't have any interest in playing starting with Revis.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

mcmagic posted:

At least he's trying. They should release the guys who don't have any interest in playing starting with Revis.

Releasing Revis ruins their cap right? I think he's set the stage to uh 'gracefully' retire in the offseason to free the Jets from that.

They should probably just IR him though.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Ryan "48 on the wonderlic" Fitzpatrick showed his smarts by scamming one last payday out of a team

Kalli posted:

Releasing Revis ruins their cap right? I think he's set the stage to uh 'gracefully' retire in the offseason to free the Jets from that.

They should probably just IR him though.

They save $9m on the cap if they release him after this season it looks like

I'm not sure how it works when you release someone mid season. His salary is guaranteed once the season starts right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

First step on the path to an all-white jury acquitting him

• Locked thread