Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
tacos
Flour tortilla
Corn tortilla
Crispy corn tortilla
View Results

• Locked thread
Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

If you preordered you're playing it right now. The rest of us get it tomorrow. I don't know if it's going to live up to the wait but watching streams it looks very very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i hope its good. i hope the controls are good too, cos i didnt like the controls in shadow of the colossus

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm leaning towards buying this assuming I can get my PS4 to connect to my network.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

It sounds bad. Reviewers are giving it the bad reviews where they calculate how much bad things they can say about the game without getting shut out by publishers. They never point out good things and then the score at the end is way too high for what you expect based on the way they wrote the review.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Dark Weasel posted:

It sounds bad. Reviewers are giving it the bad reviews where they calculate how much bad things they can say about the game without getting shut out by publishers. They never point out good things and then the score at the end is way too high for what you expect based on the way they wrote the review.

The only reviewer that matters is the one inside your heart friend

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

i hope its good. i hope the controls are good too, cos i didnt like the controls in shadow of the colossus

I watched a bunch of streams and it looks great but they were all saying the frame rate is all over the place

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

I will be playing it later today.

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

My copy should arrive before I get home, I hope. Can't wait to play this!!

I.N.R.I posted:

Played it at PSX last Saturday and the controls are just like shadow of the colossus and ico.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I liked the controls of Shadow once I got used to them. They're not the most precise in the world but they emulate really well the Herculean struggle of taking down a monster 1000x bigger than you. Also putting grip on a shoulder button so you have a 1:1 with clinging to fur is great

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

I didn't mind the controls, but the camera could have definitely used a bit more work. It's been a while since I last played it, but I remember fighting with that more than the bosses.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i read on neogaf home of neil degrasse tysons posting account for gaming, you have to use your real email no hotmails no gmails no yahoos that the frame rate is bad, liek sub 30fps sometimes. zuh?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

i read on neogaf home of neil degrasse tysons posting account for gaming, you have to use your real email no hotmails no gmails no yahoos that the frame rate is bad, liek sub 30fps sometimes. zuh?

In a Ueda game? No drat way man.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

In a Ueda game? No drat way man.

Lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

About to start this up. Streaming it for my friends but I'll post the link here if anyone wants.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i really want this to be good, but it's not reviewing very well ;_;

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

sector_corrector posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

Oh no!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i dont care about reviews unless they all consistently point out major flaws that would also bother me a lot. mostly just watch reviews for some gameplay and to get hype

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

For something like this I have avoided all information because i absolutely adore Ico and Shadow and I will eventually play this game, guaranteed. So I guess if youre curious about it and want to get an idea for what their games are like I would suggest just trying out Ico and Shadow if you can

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

About to start this up. Streaming it for my friends but I'll post the link here if anyone wants.

I don't remember your twitch post if you can

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

https://www.twitch.tv/travsouls

my friends decided they'd rather play mmos than watch this so I put it up for you

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

The game is pretty great so far. They did a good job with Trico's mannerisms because it kinda acts like a dog and a cat. Camera is improved compared to Shadow and the controls are about the same.

Also lol framerate but you already knew that.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Really enjoying this so far. I don't know if it's a decade of development time great but it's certainly regular great.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I can't wait to play the last guardian remastered for ps5 where it has a smooth framrate

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

CAnt wait for the rerelease of shadow of the colossus and ico, some of the most iconic games on the ps2, on the new ps3 hardware

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

im mired down by a million other new games like final fantasy and skyrim special edition, but im going to pick this up eventually and im glad they stuck with the clunky shadow of colossus controls even if a lot of people dont like them

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

this game is beautiful

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Man...I didn't expect this to be one of my favorite games of the year. I loved it.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

http://i.imgur.com/NMdPEal.gifv

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

Man...I didn't expect this to be one of my favorite games of the year. I loved it.

You finished it?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Yeah. It took 3 lengthy gaming sessions to complete.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
i'm about two hours in an so far i don't like it very much. it's gorgeous, the animations are really nice, and the dog is pretty cool for the most part

but there's also some annoying control issues, and sometimes the dog acts exceptionally dumb which makes it very hard to go to the place you should be going or do the thing you should be doing. there's a lot of waiting around for him. i tried to give him a piece of food one time and he pawed at it for over a minute until it was finally in the exact right spot for him to eat it

i'm hoping its a matter of me not being fully adjusted to the game yet and things get better

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

whatis posted:

i'm about two hours in an so far i don't like it very much. it's gorgeous, the animations are really nice, and the dog is pretty cool for the most part

but there's also some annoying control issues, and sometimes the dog acts exceptionally dumb which makes it very hard to go to the place you should be going or do the thing you should be doing. there's a lot of waiting around for him. i tried to give him a piece of food one time and he pawed at it for over a minute until it was finally in the exact right spot for him to eat it

i'm hoping its a matter of me not being fully adjusted to the game yet and things get better

gently caress you

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

whatis posted:

give it some time

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

it's half cat op and trust me that's exactly what cats do when you give them food like that

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

whatis posted:

thats just you, falcor jr doesn't like you

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

Started it last night and it's beautiful so far. Framerate hasn't been too bad yet, maybe the 1.02 patch helped. The lowest it's gotten is probably around 20 or so in a scene with a ton of individually rendered grass and leaves.

I stopped after the (spoilers for about an hour in) magic cage area that Trico freaked out about. I finally got him to come down, and he chased and ate me. There was a trippy hallucination scene and I lost the mirror. I wonder if there was any other way to progress at that point?

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

I had dream last night where Jerry Seinfeld was trapped in his apartment and was trying to find a way out, and he found a tiny crawlspace like in this game, but halfway through it, little crocodiles came out and started biting him to death.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

beepstreet posted:

I had dream last night where Jerry Seinfeld was trapped in his apartment and was trying to find a way out, and he found a tiny crawlspace like in this game, but halfway through it, little crocodiles came out and started biting him to death.

season 3, episode five

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTNaUt91hFI

• Locked thread