Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
tacos
Flour tortilla
Corn tortilla
Crispy corn tortilla
View Results

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I liked the controls of Shadow once I got used to them. They're not the most precise in the world but they emulate really well the Herculean struggle of taking down a monster 1000x bigger than you. Also putting grip on a shoulder button so you have a 1:1 with clinging to fur is great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

In a Ueda game? No drat way man.

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

i really want this to be good, but it's not reviewing very well ;_;

Oh no!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

For something like this I have avoided all information because i absolutely adore Ico and Shadow and I will eventually play this game, guaranteed. So I guess if youre curious about it and want to get an idea for what their games are like I would suggest just trying out Ico and Shadow if you can

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PleasingFungus posted:

it's so crazy to me that there are all the collectibles and unlockable weapons hidden away in the game. you can play through the game completely without ever encountering them, and it's this smooth beautiful streamlined experience, very much unlike most games. but it was there all along...

It was cool unlocking these in time attack and then realizing they went a little wild mechanically but made the first playthrough simple. It's like if boss weapons were only available on a second run of a mega man game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Imhotep posted:

I would rather play any number of the classic worst games of all time, like Superman 64, ET, etc. than play any loving pinball game.

Pinball is really cool. But something like last guardian was never going to review well because it has too much stigma attached to it, i.e., "it's been in development for years so it can't be good. It's a PS3 game on PS4, it feels old" etc. I wouldn't get too hung up on it, scores are more and more meaningless with every passing year because there's so much more information available than just a game review if you google a video game and are interested in learning about it/ buying it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm still kinda ticked off at the unnecessary pinball put downs in there.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Everybody needs to relax and get back on topic please.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You could probably just do a fan project tbh. I don't think anyone would go full legal against a pinball table

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'll make the Kickstarter.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Da fuq

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm downloading this now. Shadow of the Colossus is one of my favorite games of all time and I've been waiting for LG for forever. Can't wait to finally experience it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Trico has some of the best animations I've ever seen

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

It's insane how much they made him feel like a real animal

There's so many little things he (she?) does that just make me smile while I watch. The puzzles are pretty straightforward but I've probably spent half my playtime so far just idling and watching trico interact with the environment

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Do the button prompts ever go away or is there a way to turn them off? One of my favorite part about Ueda games is their minimal or non-existent UI and after 3 hours I don't need a garish black box telling me that I can push Triangle to jump.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've been moving through this very slowly to savor it. all the sections where you're dealing with the eyes in the mobile kinda structures suspended over 600 feet drops are terrifying

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got to the part where the Second trico knocked us off a cliff uncool bro that was a real shock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I teared up a little today and the games not even over. Casually dropping powerful feels.

• Locked thread