Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
tacos
Flour tortilla
Corn tortilla
Crispy corn tortilla
View Results

• Locked thread
Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

CAnt wait for the rerelease of shadow of the colossus and ico, some of the most iconic games on the ps2, on the new ps3 hardware

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

im mired down by a million other new games like final fantasy and skyrim special edition, but im going to pick this up eventually and im glad they stuck with the clunky shadow of colossus controls even if a lot of people dont like them

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

I've still only beaten the first colossus. I really owe it to myself to beat it

Even today they're the best boss fights in gaming

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I grew up with pinball machines so every time I try to play computer pinball, my mind just longs for the days of playing Harley-Davidson®/ 3rd Edition Pinball Machine by Stern Pinball

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Shoutouts to 3d ultra pinball though

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

beepstreet posted:

Shadow of the Colossus could make a pretty decent pinball machine.

Anything can make a pretty decent pinball machine, thats the magic of pinball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

beepstreet posted:

I too wish it was causing more of a positive splash on the internet, but consider this - Most games reviewers are either total idiots or are rushing through the game to get the review done on time. Both options are bad approaches for a game like this. If you're not soaking in the atmosphere, noticing the crazy little details, and if you're trying to rush Trico you probably won't get as much out of the gameplay or the story. And hey, places with perhaps more journalistic integrity then IGN, like Time Magazine (!) and the Guardian, gave it 10s and recognized it for the masterpiece that it is. You can also look at the recent user reviews on Metacritic, all immensely positive - people like us who avoided spoilers, took the time to soak it in and enjoy it are finishing it and coming out of the woodwork to praise it. Versus the people expecting it to be more of a traditional action game / rushed it for the achievements / just trolling or whatever.

But I wouldn't worry about it either way. As long as you liked it, that's all that really matters. It will get it's due from games media in a few years, trust me.

• Locked thread